Rane still the top Scratch Mixer or...?

Default Rane still the top Scratch Mixer or...?

Starting from scratch kinda of. I got rid of the S4. I needed a new computer for music production. With the sale of the traktor s4, and vestax pro 05 III I got a new computer and better monitors. So now I have tratkor, 2 technics, and gemini mixer. So what do you suggest for a hiphop dj? I was trying to find a used Staton sa 5. On my list I have a Rane ttm56s, vestax 07, staton sa 5. Thing is I see the ranes going for $700 plus. I was thinking about saving for a used one. My local music store gets them here and their for about 500 something. I want a scratch mixer really bad. Either I just save for a used Rane ttm56s and just get a new audio interface/maschine bag. I hate this gemni. I need to practice on quality. But I think it would be best to get something thats going to last me a long time. I remember years ago members said get technics, and you were right. Any suggestions?

The Rane 56 is probably the best in its class, but there are other more affordable scratch mixers. I think you can get an Ecler Nuo 2 for like $400. The stantons are not terrible; my first scratch mixer was a Stanton but eventually the faders started giving out. You could always get one of those and upgrade it with an innofader or the like when you have the money. But if you wanted a quality scratch mixer why did you sell the Vestax in the first place? The 05 pro is tried and true; you can get them used for like $150, you could always grab another one of those. Keep in mind with all these mixers you will still need a sound card to run Traktor. If you want a mixer with a sound card built in you're going to need to save up a bit....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Rane ttm56s all the way
    A mixer that perhaps never need to be replaced due to it's overall tank build quality and crazy durable faders, 3 non contact faders!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Rane makes a good mixer, and it sounds like a used one is within your current budget plan. I would say to try for the older 56 and not the 56s, as there are some things with the layout of the 56s that just don't make sense to me when compared to the original 56 layout.

But in my opinion, the king of the scratch mixer market is the Rodec ScratchBox. It costs more than a Rane, but if you can afford it, it is worth it.

57 FTW! love, no reall issues with it. and well its a Rane and sounds great. Less cable routing to use serato.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    The Rane 56 is probably the best in its class, but there are other more affordable scratch mixers. I think you can get an Ecler Nuo 2 for like $400. The stantons are not terrible; my first scratch mixer was a Stanton but eventually the faders started giving out. You could always get one of those and upgrade it with an innofader or the like when you have the money. But if you wanted a quality scratch mixer why did you sell the Vestax in the first place? The 05 pro is tried and true; you can get them used for like $150, you could always grab another one of those. Keep in mind with all these mixers you will still need a sound card to run Traktor. If you want a mixer with a sound card built in you're going to need to save up a bit....
    Amen to the stanton..bought the one that craze endorsed and while having reverse on the curve on the faders was great that combined with reverse hamster ya can get some wicked effects...how ever the crossfader absolute pish snapped within 2 months and it seems crossfaders aren't covered in warranty lesson learned there I thinks

Why did you get rid of the 05? Beast of a battle mixer.

With Innofaders, you can turn pretty much any mixer into a great scratch/battle mixer. DDM4000 + Innofader (STILL on the wish list) is awesome stuff...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj