Question for Windows Users - TRAKTOR 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Question for Windows Users - TRAKTOR 2

Hey guys, traktor is running excellent on 2 laptops but I have one issue. When I adjust screen brightness I get a glitch on both machines. I searched and saw others have the same issue, have any of you found a work around? I have a dell i5 XPS and a dell E6400. I am going to run the E6400 as a dedicated traktor machine. It actually works better in traktor than the XPS does! Maybe this will change once we get multiprocessor support.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

i'm running a hp with i3 processor and had all sorts of glitches when i first got it. do you use the script that smitten wrote for windows optimisation, its absolutely brilliant and ironed out most of my glitches, after that i just run absolutely everything with no power saving and it runs like a charm.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Hey guys, traktor is running excellent on 2 laptops but I have one issue. When I adjust screen brightness I get a glitch on both machines. I searched and saw others have the same issue, have any of you found a work around? I have a dell i5 XPS and a dell E6400. I am going to run the E6400 as a dedicated traktor machine. It actually works better in traktor than the XPS does! Maybe this will change once we get multiprocessor support.
    What exactly is the "glitch"?
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Here's my workaround: when running Traktor, don't adjust your screen brightness
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I'm not running Traktor, I run Torq.
    However I used to get issues on my Dell Inspiron E1705 because of the Quickset running & also the Synaptics Mouse.

If you disable both of these it should help!
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Tech Guru

@ WIll D - I don't have Quickset running but maybe it's the mouse software. I'll try that, the only issue was with the generic windows driver the trackpad did not respond well.

@ Pizzle - I hear ya man...It's kind of a bitch though, sometimes you really need to adjust.

@ Subculture - I get pops when adjusting the screen brightness. It sounds just like a latency issue pop except it only happens if I adjust the screen. I get zero pops with anything else and my cpu usage is super low.

@ Brian - I'll try that, right now my windows machine is pretty stripped down and everything runs great except the brighness. I use game booster but I'll try smitten's script, I know they worked hard on that

- I'll also mention, this only happens with my S4. If I use the internal soundcard I get zero poppage.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    @ Subculture - I get pops when adjusting the screen brightness. It sounds just like a latency issue pop except it only happens if I adjust the screen. I get zero pops with anything else and my cpu usage is super low.
    I haven't even tried adjusting the screen brightness while playing. Truth be told, I haven't adjusted the screen brightness since I installed TP 2.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Tech Guru

^^ Honestly I never did it either until recently but now that I know it, it's driving me nuts. lol ^^

It could be your GFX card driver
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Is there a way to disable brightness from the fn key?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast