Traktor music collection?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor music collection?

Just out of interest, how many of you people use traktor to sort your music in to crates? or do the most of you's stick with itunes to do this.. i have been doing most of my crates through itunes myself and was interested to see what other people's take on it is.

Thanks Dede McCaw

I use itunes. Everyone complains about it but I honestly love it. I use lots of smart playlists and such and I really don't know how anything could be much better with as much functionality. The only disadvantages that I see is that there is no "key" field (I just use comments) and track ratings don't transfer.

i´m on a mac and i hate to work with itunes. i got playlists and stuff. the browser is my best friends
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Traktor + Trainspotter for the occasional dynamic playlist.

Tech Wizard

Traktor, Trainspotter and Media Monkey.
    I just dont like iTunes

i only use traktor, i really dont like itunes at all, but id me interested to know more about trainspotter
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Traktor mainly, but everything goes into iTunes first,
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

So I have been beatgridding my music and getting everything imported into Traktor and using Trainspotter to help with some of that work, but I noticed one thing that is missing in the Traktor database, the grouping tag that is available in iTunes.

Unfortunately I do a lot of filtering of my smart playlists into the grouping field, things like sub-genres (in a big case for me "slow jams" a subset of R&B) lives as a grouping so I can always filter out the slower stuff but it's available when I need it.

Anyone with suggestions? I have been meticulous in my music collection for many years now, especially with Genres where I have been using my KISS method of just main category genres and not subgenres, but maybe I have little option?

Tech Wizard

Trainspotter has a function where you can sync your Grouping tag from iTunes to the Comments2 tag in Traktor and vice versa. You can also sync all your playlists and folders from iTunes in to your Traktor collection. Search for "sync" in the online help.

Tech Mentor

To this point I have been syncing my iTunes lists into Traktor, but maybe I am doing something wrong here, but when I do import, it seems Traktor gets a little batty and forgets I have beatgridded many if not all of the songs I just imported and it takes loading it into a deck to recognize that indeed things like BPMs may have changed, or that I have locked the grid.

I've tried async but it seems to just stall out after a couple songs.

Am I missing a step here?