Behringer ddm 4000-Midi/cable-Soundcard and Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Behringer ddm 4000-Midi/cable-Soundcard and Traktor Pro

Hello
    I recently bought a behringer ddm 4000 and a midi/usb cable for use as midi (http://www.thomann.de/pt/esi_midi_mate.htm) only have two questions, I can not hear the pre-listening on the headphones plugged into the behringer? I have a sound card is Creative XMOD - Sound card - USB - Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity, I can only use ASIO4ALL to do to make the pre listening headphones plugged into the computer and sound system plugged into the sound card and monitor traktor through the behringer?

Sorry for my english, is so bad
    I hope help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PabloPaolo View Post
    I can not hear the pre-listening on the headphones plugged into the behringer?
    Your soundcard only outputs one stereo channel
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Your soundcard only outputs one stereo channel

ok, but anyway so I can use this method I'm talking about? and I can not hear the pre-listening on the headphones plugged into the behringer?

any help please? the order arrives in the next 2 days!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No you can't cue with the DDM400 while using Traktor. You need a sound card that ouputs at least two channels. One for main speakers one for cue.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ok thanks, another question, just want to control traktor with the mixer. The sound may come from the pc? I only wanna control the traktor with this mixer nothing more..
    Last edited by PabloPaolo; 09-18-2011 at 08:33 PM.

The Behringer mixer is weird in that it has MIDI, so you can use it to control Traktor, but it has no sound card, so to take full advantage of Traktor external mixing you will need to have a sound card that outputs to all four channels (e.g. an Audio 8). What you can do is run Traktor in internal mixing mode and then the Behringer is just a MIDI controller. Then get a tsi (or map it yourself) that allows you to assign all the knobs and sliders to their appropriate functions in Traktor. The sound is all handled by your soundcard; the mixer is just a big midi controller in that situation.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    The Behringer mixer is weird in that it has MIDI, so you can use it to control Traktor, but it has no sound card, so to take full advantage of Traktor external mixing you will need to have a sound card that outputs to all four channels (e.g. an Audio 8). What you can do is run Traktor in internal mixing mode and then the Behringer is just a MIDI controller. Then get a tsi (or map it yourself) that allows you to assign all the knobs and sliders to their appropriate functions in Traktor. The sound is all handled by your soundcard; the mixer is just a big midi controller in that situation.
    Very Thanks my friend ;D
    Can i controlle 4 decks? or anly 2, tsi depends on the right??
    But i will buy a audio 10! But now i will use only as a controller.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PabloPaolo View Post
    Very Thanks my friend ;D
    Can i controlle 4 decks? or anly 2, tsi depends on the right??
    But i will buy a audio 10! But now i will use only as a controller.
    Right, it depends on the tsi.
    Once you buy the Audio10 you will be able to use all 4 decks on the DDM4000 and then cue directly from the mixer.

Just in case you didn't know, the Gray gain knobs on the DDM do not output MIDI.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    and the audio 6 do the same work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast