ATH-A900 Headphones with superior bass n quality!!!! cheap :)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ATH-A900 Headphones with superior bass n quality!!!! cheap :)?

I just stumbled across this site Audio-Technica.... never heard of them before.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...d97/index.html

seeems legit. compared specs with krks and klipsch. far outmatches their line of headphones. theres a ath-a700 version which is 50$ cheaper. I think i might get these.

thoughts??

Progressive Dutch House
    Tumblr Music Blog
    SoundCloud

What do you propose using them for?

Different requirements for Production/playout innit.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    What do you propose using them for?

Different requirements for Production/playout innit.
    music production

Progressive Dutch House
    Tumblr Music Blog
    SoundCloud

you dont want "superior bass" for music production, you want it as flat as possible for the most accurate representation of your music
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

really ? even for edm ? gotta listen for a good kick and bass man

Progressive Dutch House
    Tumblr Music Blog
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Kiino View Post
    Yeah, and if you use a pair of headphones that artificially boosts that, your finished tracks will sound like shit then played on a non boosted system ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

He's saying that for production you don't want any of the frequencys boosted like the bass. Your music will sound awesome only in your headphones but everyone else who plays your music will wonder why the bass isn't loud enough.

if your headphones have a "superior bass boost" and your actual track is flat and lifeless, it sounds okay in your headphones but when you put it on actual production speakers you will notice something is very wrong

you want a headphone that is honest, what you hear is what it actually is, so you can really have control over your sound

headphones that are pretty good in accuracy is the Audio Technica ATH50 and the Beyer Dynamics DT770

if you are into production, try to save a bit and get a proper reference monitors, they mean a whole world

with a proper reference monitor you can actually learn (in time) the concept of EQ-ing, for example how to boost the boom / attack of the kick, how to adjust the body of the snare, the presence of vocals, muddiness of the overall mix, all this take years of practice with the use of proper reference monitors, because without a "honest" monitor you cant get an accurate representation of the sound and thus you cant really learn on how to improve on them

just my 2 cents
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    if your headphones have a "superior bass boost" and your actual track is flat and lifeless, it sounds okay in your headphones but when you put it on actual production speakers you will notice something is very wrong

you want a headphone that is honest, what you hear is what it actually is, so you can really have control over your sound

headphones that are pretty good in accuracy is the Audio Technica ATH50 and the Beyer Dynamics DT770

if you are into production, try to save a bit and get a proper reference monitors, they mean a whole world

with a proper reference monitor you can actually learn (in time) the concept of EQ-ing, for example how to boost the boom / attack of the kick, how to adjust the body of the snare, the presence of vocals, muddiness of the overall mix, all this take years of practice with the use of proper reference monitors, because without a "honest" monitor you cant get an accurate representation of the sound and thus you cant really learn on how to improve on them

just my 2 cents
    more like a dollar. great info man. what kind of honest monitors do you suggest? KRK's maybe? right now im using klipsch's promedia one and I made a post a while back comparing the two and everyone agreed these are monitor quality. I lookd at that ath but their site doesnt seem to have that product but I found this http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...e4d/index.html seems really good from the reviews. 200$ thoh

Progressive Dutch House
    Tumblr Music Blog
    SoundCloud

ATH-m50 / Beyerdynamic dt1350 /senn hd25 hands down are your best bets for producing.

headfonia.com
    head-fi.org
    innerfidelity.com

I've been doing tons of research on headphones lately and those 3 sites have been incredibly useful. good luck man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast