Some questions regarding TT's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Some questions regarding TT's

Hey there,

I'm looking at buying some turntables and i've been lurking ebay for a while now.

Now the standard price for a pair of technics here is 250 (if ure lucky) to 350 euro's a piece, which is fairly expensive i think. I'm afraid that when i buy these there'll be problems with either the pitch control or the tone-arm. They all say "its in mint state, never been outside the house" blabla, i don't believe half of it but ok. Thing is I dont own a car and i live in the far south of my country, and 90% of the advertisements come from around north, which is about a 2/3 hour drive, so going for a quick look isn't an option.

Now a friend of mine told me about the Reloop RP4000 m3d's being a good alternative to the Technics. While looking at the prices they go for about 100/150 euro's each here, which is more than half the price. I'm a student, y'know Ofcourse the thing with technics is that theyll keep their value.

The only thing that i didn't like is the fact they have a 10% pitch control. The club standard here are Technics (like everywhere ) and i'm afraid that switching from 10% to 8% is big of a change... But I don't have a clue if it actually is!

Should i see the 10% like they added 1% to the top and 1% to the bottom? They just "lengthened" the physical pitch if you understand what i'm saying?

If i can mix perfectly on the 10% pitch after a while, will i just step into the club and use the technics and their 8% like i use my Reloop's 10% at home? Is it really a big difference?

What are your thoughts on the RP4000 m3d's? Do you recommend them? I'm only going to use them for mixing, i'm NOT a scratcher and never will be.

Money wise, will this be an option I should look at?

Hoping to get some answers

Cheers,

Bob

you should be looking at stanton stuff

specifically the STR8-80 or 100

Ive heard these make great, cheap alternatives to tech 12's
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Check out Stanton ST8 120's is it? Can't remember off the top of my head or Numark TTX series..

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Check out Stanton ST8 120's is it? Can't remember off the top of my head or Numark TTX series..
    150's are the newest, but the others will do fine. Once you learn how to use them switching between brands won't be that big of a deal.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

So you don't recommend the Reloops?

The st100's are being advertised as "beginner" tables, but i don't want to have to buy new ones after a year because they don't fit my needs. True or just a trick to make me buy the more expensive 150's?

There's a new (unused) pair for sale for 300 euro's incl. a year warranty.

Personally I wasnt happy with anything other than 1210 mk2's as they are industry standard.

If you dont want to change tables buy those. The STR8-150's are double the price of techs simply because theyre new by comparison.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

So the only thing that can compare with the technics are the Stanton ST series you guys say?

Or just save double the amount of money (Will take twice as long and got gigs coming up) and take the technics just because they're "the" standard?

I mean, why would no single manufacturer make turntables identical to the Technics or even slightly better... they've had years for this, I cant imagine that this didnt happen?

I highly rate my Numark TTXs - Had 1210s for 10 years prior...
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

The other Technics OEMs are worth a look too, you might get lucky and find a 2nd hand bargain as people sometimes overlook them in favour of Technics, Stanton or Vestax.
    Technics would be my choice tho as almost no matter what condition they get into you can always find parts and repair them.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post

I mean, why would no single manufacturer make turntables identical to the Technics or even slightly better... they've had years for this, I cant imagine that this didnt happen?
    They did with teh Str8150's and TTX's. The problem with having a "standard" is that even though they're the Standard they may not be the best.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast