Help me decide, do i.......?

Default Help me decide, do i.......?

I currently have a spare 500 quid to hand.

Do I buy a Novation Twitch or upgrade my production/home studio machine up to a beast 16GB RAM i5 or i7 setup?

I do as much remixing, production and Ableton based mixtapes as I do rehearsing on live gear so its not a case of doing one more than the other.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Sell your existing computer and get an iMac.

upgrade/controllers will decrease in value, esp with the twitch being brand new. look at the s4 as an example. i waited a few months and saved over $400
    Beatslicing for the bitches

True. However, I sold my VCI about 2 months ago with the aim of getting the Twitch as a replacement as I love the look of it.

However, I use my studio PC for production and gaming. The new setup is likely to be Core i5 2600k overclocked to 4.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2 x 500GB hard drives (Windows 7 installed on one and MAC OSX Lion on the other), a 1TB file storage drive for music files etc and 2 x ATi Radeon 6870 graphics card set up as Crossfire.

I have a lot of the above components already hence why both will come within budget.

And that PC upgrade will piss all over, or at least go toe.to toe, with any iMac at a fraction of the price (before anyone else turns it into a PC v Mac debate).
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.