New to DJing, Need Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New to DJing, Need Help!

What's up guys?

I just bought a Numark Mixtrack Pro and Traktor Pro 2 (recommended by a friend). I followed the "how to set up Mixtrack Pro 2 to Traktor Pro" document from the Numark Site...

everything works fine, the only problem I have now is that to cue and listen to my next track I can hear perfectly through my headphones, but I cannot hear anything playing through the Macbook Pro Speakers (which people would dance n listen to at a gig) I have speakers connected to the MacBooks 3.5mm jack but hear no sound. can you guys help me out?

What I Have:
    Macbook Pro
    Numark Mixtrack PRO
    Traktor Pro 2

Tech Guru

if you have a mixtrack "pro" then it has a built in soundcard. You need to hook up the speakers to the mixtrack.

In your audio settings in traktor you will pick a sound card. Either coreaudio or whatever your mac is called or your mixtrack. If you can CUE your tracks from your mixtrack that means the audio is being sent there. So hook up your speakers to one of the outputs.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

everything under the audio setup is set to what numark provided... but which cables do I need exactly to hook up to what side of the back of the mixtrack PRO itself? there is no way to play music through the regular 3.5mm built in output on the macbook? I have speakers hooked up to that...

any other input or help? I would really appreciate it, this is really no bueno since I got this gig very soon!

Tech Mentor

You need to connect your speakers to the soundcard in the Mixtrack Pro. You cannot use 2 different sound cards, as Traktor only recognizes one.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    You need to connect your speakers to the soundcard in the Mixtrack Pro. You cannot use 2 different sound cards, as Traktor only recognizes one.
    Thanks. hmmm, I hear it's possible though... I played it fine on VDJ using these settings in advanced config:
    Master, Built In Output, Chan 1&2
    Headphones, Mixtrack Pro, Chan 3&4

worked perfectly until about a few days ago where it keeps saying "Error in CoreAudio"

search "aggregate sound device" in google for how to use two separate sound devices.
    Click HERE
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Soundflower is also useful
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

You've bought a Mixtrack and Traktor Pro. Now buy a lead to connect your Mixtrack to your speakers.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

...rather than messing about with Soundflower
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast