FX Platter Mapping for Vestax VCI 100 mk2

Default FX Platter Mapping for Vestax VCI 100 mk2

Hi folks,

after reading through the forums and the blog, i took my hard saved cash and invested it in a vestax vci 100 mk2. i would have loved to buy a NI s4 i just couldnīt afford it (hell, itīs a thousand bucks....) iīm pretty satisfied with the vci 100 mk2 though and iīm getting more and more comfortable with it.

now iīve recently seen eanīs performance on the s2 where he did this remix of depeche mode, where he had the fx mapped to the decks and it sounded damn sweet.
    now i tried and tried and tried but i couldnīt get my head around it how to pull off this mapping on my vci 100 mk2. also i couldnīt find a mapping for it on the net. can someone point me in the right direction or even share a mapping with me? iīm new to all this mapping stuff in traktor especially when it comes to macros and all that. any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Tech Convert

Hi,

I'm searching out the same thing, I think modders have taken the huff with regards to mapping the Mk2. So far all the interesting mappings are for the NI controllers... Think we're on our own here,

I'm surprised there aren't better mappings for the vci 100mkii... You looked on traktor bible?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

I created a similar effect for my Vestax Typhoon...I guess it's fairly advanced as mappings go, but I'll try and point you in the right direction.

Using the 'learn' feature of the Traktor Mapping tool, set 'Effect On', (or Effect 1, 2 or 3 on depending on whether you're using single or chained effects) to when you push the platter down. This is different to spinning the platter, and you'll know when you do it right because on most Vestax models the LED on the platter will change from blue to red. Make sure you map this as a 'Button > Hold' - this way, when you let go of the platter, the effects will stop.

Once you've mapped that, you can map Wet/Dry and Effect Amount, (or Effect 1 Amount, Effect 2 Amount, etc) to the platter by using the learn function and spinning the platter. Set this to an 'Encoder > Relative' and change the sensitivity to your liking.

This way, when you hold down the platter the effects will engage, and when you spin it clockwise, the effect amounts will increase.

If you want to get a little more advanced, you can use another button on your controller to act as a modifier, so the FX platter control only works when that button is engaged. Another cool thing you can do is also set an 'Effect Amount' value to when you push the platter down - that way, certain effects can start at a predetermined value (e.g., 50%).

Tech Convert

... After a lot of searching about I have picked up a vci 100 mk2 for Ģ220, less than 3 months old.

Mods planned are.. Style flip decal ( custom design ).

Possible arcade button mod if I can shim up the top plate with a custom S/steel plate, buttons would have clear surrounds to allow for LED indication.

Super cool tactile DJTT knobs.

I have modded a VCI 100 mk1 before with buttons, overlays, firmware, and used DJTT's mappings, but seeing how mappings for the mk2 are thin on the ground I will be taking my modding skill to a new level by having to work it out for myself... Wish me luck

I am also keen to discover if the chassis led lighting can be sync'd to the midi clock a la midi fighter led mod?!

Because I also own a midi fighter classic I may start with a buddy mapping first..... Depending on the work flow of the mk2's layout.

I think the VCI 100 Mk2 hasn't been given the kudos it deserves, it's way more of a solid controller compared to an S2 which is all plastic, the jog wheels on the vci are solid and have a lo-profile and they are fully adjustable for sensitivity and spin. It has more parameters to map which is a vast improvement on the mk1.

I will take photos of the build, if anyone has any advise please post up.

Default LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaxeman View Post
    I am also keen to discover if the chassis led lighting can be sync'd to the midi clock a la midi fighter led mod?!
    Hi guys. I picked up the mk2 second-hand two weeks ago and have had plenty of fun with it so far, mapping it to Torq 2, playing several gigs, and getting to know Serato DJ Intro. Considering buying Traktor Pro, but I'm still on OS X 10.5.8, so I need to upgrade that first.

Has anyone had any luck modding the unit? Is there any way I can disable the blue LEDs around the platters without voiding the warrantee? They light up automatically so I assume it's a firmware thing. I don't mind the red too much.

If I do end up voiding the warrantee, maybe I can swap some of the LEDs for different colours? I'd like some variation in colour on this thing .

Thanks in advance!

By the way, I really like that the Shift buttons each send different MIDI messages! My right shift is set to "Alt" on/off in Torq, giving me alternate functions like hot cues .

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar