Traktor Scratch Duo 2 same as kontrol s4 scratch upgrade?
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor Scratch Duo 2 same as kontrol s4 scratch upgrade?

Basically title states it all. I'm thinking of moving to a standalone mixer instead of my s4 down the road so would it make sense to buy duo 2 now instead of just the upgrade which I would sell when I sell the s4.

As many others have mentioned the traktor product line can get confusing, will I be missing any features from traktor scratch duo? Would I still be able to use 4 decks with 2 on turntables and 2 controlled by the s4?

Thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You will be running TS2, no longer TP2 (the only way of combining them is with the specific scratch upgrade)

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=1992

Duo only does 2 regular decks and 2 sample ones, meaning you can't have 4 track decks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You'll either need a sound card or a certified mixer so the best bet will probably be to buy full blow Scratch as it'll come with a sound card. If you're thinking of buying certified mixer then you could buy the scratch upgrade for the S4 and sell the controller without software.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I think the S4 upgrade is Scratch Pro, not Duo. You would have 4 decks capability if you got the S4 Scratch Upgrade.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mixographer View Post
    I think the S4 upgrade is Scratch Pro, not Duo. You would have 4 decks capability if you got the S4 Scratch Upgrade.
    So if I sold the s4 with just TP2 I would basically have a useless version of TSP2 because its for the s4 or will it work after as a standalone but I will simply need a soundcard?

Also I've been looking at picking up used tsp2 duo for a pretty good price...basically the same as the upgrade if you consider that you are getting a soundcard with it.

Thats why I'm asking the question, and the freedom if I choose to sell the s4.

The TP2 license and scratch upgrade work with any other timecode compatible soundcard/mixer, it's not locked to the S4.

If you do get TSD2, you will have to use this version and either sell or ignore the one that came with your S4 because the timecode "unlock" wont be present with Pro.

@mixographer: yes, the S4 timecode upgrade is for Scratch Pro, otherwise you would be losing functionality.

Tech Guru

Well that is a pretty simple solution then...I'll buy the upgrade for the s4 now and then I won't need to spend the extra cash down the road if I sell the s4.

But if I sold the s4 with TP2 then I would need to buy TP2 again in order to be able to use the scratch upgrade.

Do you see where this can start to get confusing?

Your current Pro license upgrade will be bound to the upgrade, you can't sell it separately. If you do want to keep it then you can either sell the controller by itself or get a new TP2 license to be sold with the controller.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Your current Pro license upgrade will be bound to the upgrade, you can't sell it separately. If you do want to keep it then you can either sell the controller by itself or get a new TP2 license to be sold with the controller.
    This
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x