DJM-2000 or DJM-900 Nexus ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default DJM-2000 or DJM-900 Nexus ?

It's really hard to decide which one to pick so bring on the arguments!

I know the details, tried them both, still can't decide so help me out with your personal feelings!

I want to use it with pretty much anything ranging from CDJs, Midi-controllers and DVS.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I prefer the simplicity of the 900 personally, the 2000 can do ANYTHING but it doesn't have the quick access to a HP/LP filter for example. And of course the 900 is TSP certified which is great if that's what you're using.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

TSP certified and layout make me say 900.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I like the layout of the 900 and the fact it is traktor certified but since i already have an Audio 8 and already have 600/800/900 mixers everywhere i play it doesn't really make me want a 900..

I really like the 2000, i think the 2000 would win it for me to be honest. I like the fact it 'nearly' has a EFX1000 built in.

In the Roger Sanchez vid haze posted the other day he was doing some awesome things with the FX in the 2000.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

I think they are so close in price that price isnt an issue.

However, for me, I decided that the 900 was the one because of the effects section.

Effects for me are a subtle thing, so having 1/3 of the mixer control effects, as well as being in the dead center was the reason I didn't choose it. I'd feel like I would be obligated to be messing around with wayy to many effects wayy to much of the time.

Now seeing how you have experience with several types and 900 may be soemthing old to you, maybe its time for djm-2000. I have come from midi controllers rarely using a djm-800 so the 900 is a bit more of a big deal to me I guess.

DJM-2000, do it. haha
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Buy both, decide which you prefer, then send the other one to me. I'll pay postage

Tech Guru

900 any day!! Jesus, that 2000 looks like an absolute nightmare! WAAAAY too much shit going on. Too big, too over-kill if you ask me. You probably wouldn't use half the shit it has to offer

If I'm honest I actually prefer the 800. I prefer the quick access FX on it and I dont like where the rotary line selectors are on the 900. I keep going to turn them thinking they are the gain knobs. We got a 900 and an 800 in the club I play at so get to use both. They got the 900 in after Eddie Halliwell kicked up a fuss about them not having one cos they didn't receive his technical rider prior to him arriving. Then Afrojack requested the 800 even though the 900 was there for the same reasons I prefer it.

Also, just thought... if you got the 2000 you'd prob get used to all the shit it can do then rock up to a club and they won't have one and all the shit you practiced at home goes out the window. AND, Pioneer released the CDJ 2000's with the intention of hooking 4 up simultaneously and you can use 1 USB stick or SD card. If you were fortunate enough to be able to afford the complete ultimate Pioneer flagship set up, the outer decks would be waaay too far apart from each other! Even worse... if you had 2 CDJs and 2 TT's and possibly and laptop with timecode the space needed for your set up would be a joke!
    Last edited by dodge; 09-22-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Thanks for the input everyone.
    I'm still not sold so keep going!

I'll also go to the local DJ store again on Saturday to check both out.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast