Routing Ableton into Traktor pro 2?
    Tech Wizard

Default Routing Ableton into Traktor pro 2?

Does anyone know if its possible to route audio from ableton Live 8 into Traktor pro 2? And sync it to....
    So that the master output of Ableton is routing to deck C or D of Traktor....

This is the equipement that i have to make it work if its possible:

Ableton Live 8
    Traktor Pro 2
    Pioneer DJM-800
    Traktor audio 10
    Audio 8dj
    2x Technics SL 1210 MK2 | Pioneer DJM-800 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 | NI Maschine | M-Audio Oxygen 8 V2 | Ableton Live 8 | Komplete 8 Ultimate | Komplete Audio 6 | Audio 10 DJ | Behringer Xenyx 1622 FX | MacBook 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Macbook Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 www.djjeroenkrieger.com

You should be able to do it with soundflower.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Is that the same as jackpilot?
    I saw that in a you tube tutorial from dj endo...

But what do i have to do then?
    2x Technics SL 1210 MK2 | Pioneer DJM-800 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 | NI Maschine | M-Audio Oxygen 8 V2 | Ableton Live 8 | Komplete 8 Ultimate | Komplete Audio 6 | Audio 10 DJ | Behringer Xenyx 1622 FX | MacBook 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Macbook Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 www.djjeroenkrieger.com

Same idea.

I think what you'd do would be to select the soundflower device as your audio device in both applications then route ableton's master to a live input deck (C or D) in Traktor. Then route Traktor's output back via soundflower into your audio 8. I don't really know how ableton's midi clock works with other programs but I'm sure midi sync is possible between the 2.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

yeah i do it with sound flower its free and easy to set up.

Tech Wizard

And can i do this with 2 Macbooks?
    Because im running Ableton on a Macbook Pro and Traktor Pro 2 on a Macbook.

On separate laptops you'll have to route the outputs from whichever one is running ableton through one sound card into an input on the other. In that case there's no need for soundflower.

Both your sound cards have midi in/out so you can use that for midi sync.

Tech Wizard

okay im going to try that, ill let you guys know if i get it working

thnxx for the helpl!