Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Still no fix for the Echo Freeze. Sigh…
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    So annoying, I never get the update through my service center... Makes no sense. I always have to wait for the new release demo to come out.
    For the first time I got the update via the ServiceCenter. What about that!

What i've noticed .....

(1) Headroom - at first the settings were all wrong for my test rig, so i turned it off ... but on my performance rig it was perfect at -6dB.

Thoughts, i guess it's play with the settings for the style you mix and see which gives a better result.

(2) Multiprocessor support, i watched my i7 use 3 cores yesterday with a total of 28 threads open (traktor.exe) and a further 10 or so with the NIhardware service.

I didn't see the overall performance change, but i wasn't expecting much change with the i7 and 16Gb RAM. I'll test it on my old laptop to see if it makes much difference.

(3) Leaving the sample decks engaged ie. deck C/D and not using them, can cause a huge FU if you are not careful, there's an option to go back to the earlier config. Using the loop buttons whilst on deck A/B can copy the playing loop direct to sample deck and play it in one move .... nice change, but it caught me out last night whilst practising.

(4) General TC playback is much improved, although I still use vinyl control, not CD.

(5) there's something else I wanted to add, but I've forgotten.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    (4) General TC playback is much improved, although I still use vinyl control, not CD.
    How so? I messed about for almost two hours using control vinyl as a test drive. I didn't really have issues before, nor now. I did notice the timecode strength meters having some occasional wobble that I hadn't noticed before. Goes down a little bit then back up, lasts under a second, as if there'd been a bump in the road. It didn't seem to hinder playback and happened with or without lint on the styli.

My S4 was getting a lot of I/O errors after the install. I didn't upgrade to the newest driver before trying out traktor 2.1.1, dunno if that's the problem (will test later).

The new waveform buffering thing is slightly annoying. I prefer the old problem over this solution.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    How so? I messed about for almost two hours using control vinyl as a test drive. I didn't really have issues before, nor now. I did notice the timecode strength meters having some occasional wobble that I hadn't noticed before. Goes down a little bit then back up, lasts under a second, as if there'd been a bump in the road. It didn't seem to hinder playback and happened with or without lint on the styli.

I've only played around for a few hours, but in that time I felt that the "tightness" (for want of an adequate adjective) was improved. I've also managed to get a very stable system at 96K, 128/1 buffer ... no pops or glitches ... I did have a little messing around to find the best settings though.

A step in the right direction overall.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWard View Post
    The new waveform buffering thing is slightly annoying. I prefer the old problem over this solution.

I like it, well I'd prefer a full waveform, but their solution is elegant.

Tech Guru

What's the wave form problem? I know there was the issue before where it didnt show up behind the playhead. It shows up now so whats issue?

Big update. Doing it today.

Keylock'd sample decks + headroom setting = fixed all of my complaints.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast