Steinberg controllers! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

very cool... reminds me in some ways of the stanton scs.3 controllers.

shame the one with rotaries doesn't have a full 4x4 grid of buttons underneath - that would have been neat... instead it has 2 full rows, a single button and then a full row beneath? might make more sense in cubase but a 4x4 grid with 8 pots would have been cool for midi fighter style stuff...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Banned

These look pretty BA. Small foot print, inexpensive and clean looking. Would be a fool not to jump on these!

Tech Guru

these look pretty tight. I might jst go all digital...
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Convert

So just to clear up, would all of these be compatible with Traktor? Having doubts about the faders.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
    So just to clear up, would all of these be compatible with Traktor? Having doubts about the faders.
    they're only midi and u can adjust what gets sent out via their controller manager apps. one has 8 rotaties on tho (i think) so u wouldnt be able to quite treat them like pots/faders esp if they're endless - wouldn't quite make sense.

cool for controlling multiple effects tho with different layers just mapped as encoders ofc...

so they should be as "traktor compatible" as any other generic midi controller with buttons/encoders in theory...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    one has 8 rotaties on tho (i think) so u wouldnt be able to quite treat them like pots/faders esp if they're endless - wouldn't quite make sense.
    However, these do have LED indicating their position, i think they might be endless knobs, just like the APC40 and Maschine have.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    However, these do have LED indicating their position, i think they might be endless knobs, just like the APC40 and Maschine have.
    yep - looks like they are. nice idea with the "variable color" led in the center - not as cool as multi-led segments round the outside maybe - but means they can be made cheaper

You know, these are really quite nice. I could see myself getting a couple of these to work on my production side of Ableton down the line.

The only thing I'd be wary about for DJing use, is reliability over hard use and time. They don't "look" beefy to me, which would make me think that they are more of a studio item than something you'd want to incorporate into a setup. But that's just how I am really. If you can't drop a brick on it, I probably don't want it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

holy shit!! this is so gonna go great with my cubase 6!

i want them all!

*DROOL*
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Convert

are these compatible with traktor? has anyone tried these? i'm interested with the cmc-fd

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast