Genre name ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Genre name ?

Default Genre name ?

Hi guys,
    Recently a lot of tracks popped and i don't know if a sub genre is starting.
    They are around 110 bpm, the beat is classic 4/4 with claps on 2nd and 4th kick, and it's filthy, with dubstep-like sounds (i don't wanna debate about what we nowadays call dubstep etc..)

Exemples i got are :

Porter Robinson - Unison (Knife Party remix)
    (this one starts at classic electro house 128bpm but then goes down to 110)

Feed Me - Pink Lady

Is that a recognized sub genre ? Does it have a name or people just classify that as electro house ?

Thanks in advance.

that would be moombahton or moobahcore. search google for it
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Dub house. Heh.

earl panda : thanks, but can we call that moombahton cause it's not really dutch house slowed down imo, it's more like dubstep with slow electro house drums.

ksandvik : eletrostep sound better imo

Default Moombahton

Moombahton is a genre of electronic dance music that was created by American DJ and producer Dave Nada [1] (aka Dave Villegas) at a high school homecoming "skipping party" for his younger cousin in Washington, D.C., in the fall of 2009.[2] The specific event that stimulated Nada's development of the Moombahton genre was his slowing the Afrojack remix of the Silvio Ecomo & DJ Chuckie song "Moombah" to 108 beats per minute. Because that tempo nears that of the reggaeton, Nada created the neologism "Moombahton" by combining the title of the track "Moombah" and the "ton" ending of the word "reggaeton" and applied it to the genre.

Between fall 2009 and spring 2010, Nada perfected his vision of the new genre in the recording studio utilizing intuitions and insights garnered from the "skipping party" experience to create a five track EP of newly-minted Moombahton tracks that was released in March 2010 with the promotional assistance and support of DJ Ayres and DJ Tittsworth at T & A Records [3]

However, Nada's "Moombahton" was much more than simply "Dutch House pitched down to 108 BPMs." The original Moombahton tracks feature not only the standard moombahton 108 BPMs but also 1.) chopped vocals, 2.) layered acapellas, 3.) extended and enhanced build-ups, as well as the introduction of 4.) new drums and percussion elements. These signature characteristics of the genre are known as the "5 elements of classic moombahton."

Moombahton genre of music has gained most of its popularity beginning summer 2011.

edit. removed example track.
    Last edited by Zaniac; 09-25-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    Moombahton is a genre of electronic dance music that was created by American DJ and producer Dave Nada [1] (aka Dave Villegas) at a high school homecoming "skipping party" for his younger cousin in Washington, D.C., in the fall of 2009.[2] The specific event that stimulated Nada's development of the Moombahton genre was his slowing the Afrojack remix of the Silvio Ecomo & DJ Chuckie song "Moombah" to 108 beats per minute. Because that tempo nears that of the reggaeton, Nada created the neologism "Moombahton" by combining the title of the track "Moombah" and the "ton" ending of the word "reggaeton" and applied it to the genre.

Between fall 2009 and spring 2010, Nada perfected his vision of the new genre in the recording studio utilizing intuitions and insights garnered from the "skipping party" experience to create a five track EP of newly-minted Moombahton tracks that was released in March 2010 with the promotional assistance and support of DJ Ayres and DJ Tittsworth at T & A Records [3]

However, Nada's "Moombahton" was much more than simply "Dutch House pitched down to 108 BPMs." The original Moombahton tracks feature not only the standard moombahton 108 BPMs but also 1.) chopped vocals, 2.) layered acapellas, 3.) extended and enhanced build-ups, as well as the introduction of 4.) new drums and percussion elements. These signature characteristics of the genre are known as the "5 elements of classic moombahton."

Moombahton genre of music has gained most of its popularity beginning summer 2011.

here is a great example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZehTt1cjsis

And the two you have used as an example are another subgenre Moombahcore - described as Moombahton on steroids

Thanks google

like i said...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Wish people would stop making new genre every 5 minutes.. hard nuff to sort now ^_^

Tech Wizard

moombalectrostepousecore...

and bass
    i always roam through the forest, just like a brontosaurus.

Zaniac, did you listened to the tracks i linked ? I mean, the video you gave is pure crap imo, and taste apart, the only thing it has in common with the tracks i linked is the bpm..
    Both Porter Robinson's and Feed Me's track have just NO-THING to do with slowed down dutch house/raggaeton..

Never mind, thanks for the info about moombahton, my list of shitty EDM tracks is getting bigger

Tech Mentor

Moombahstep? l0lz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast