CPU Load Increase after upgrade to Traktor 2.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CPU Load Increase after upgrade to Traktor 2.1

Good Morning Beautiful People,

During my 56th bout of insomnia this week I installed the new update and have a question on mulitcore support. After upgrading, my CPU load level is now red-lining. It does not seem to be affecting performance and in fact, my latency checker in the diagnostics section is running even flatter than before.

Anyone else seeing this? Is the CPU Load increase representative of how Traktor now taps into the extra cores? Is it longer than a baby's arm?

I'm of for a cheese sandwich...
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

I just finshed a grilled jalapeno cheese sandwich myself.

It makes sense that it uses more cpu with all those extra slot controls.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Thanks Ryan,

Everyone else, please be sure to include a cheese and bread based detail alongside your comment.

I noticed that myself, on my test rig, complete with wifi, antivirus, and over 100 other processes going on, I noticed the cpu load redlining frequently.

On my production rig, with almost everything disabled the load was significantly lower, so i make a darwinium leap to say the cpu load indicator is showing what's really going on.

However running procmon in the background shows that neither 2.0.3 or 2.1.1 make much impact on an i7 !

So I'm not sure what it really relates to.

Cheese corner.
    Whoever thought that sheep cheese was nice needs their bumps read ..... cheddar on toast is the only way to save the day
    Last edited by JSM; 09-23-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: forgot the cheese
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Traktor's CPU meter is always at least at 35%,I'll have to try and make it redline and see when it starts glitching. For the record, I'm on a much weaker CPU - core 2 duo t5800, 2ghz. The meter had raised a little after upgrading to tsp 2, this the highest it's ever been but the coast seems clear so far.

Yesterday and today, I had my Sub30's without cheese in them.

I haven't installed the update yet, but my cpu meter always idled. I have a toshiba i5 with everything possible disabled. I'll report back when I get to installing the update.

Had a sub for lunch with provolone.

Edit: Mine is fine.
    Last edited by turbo; 09-24-2011 at 08:54 AM.

So, the actual CPU usage as shown by procexp is pretty much STABLE now.
    It used to spike very regularly from below 20% to above 50%, plotting a sine curve with a constant period (anything using audio8/asio would do that), most of it being on one of the two cores, but still noticeable on the other. That's gone.

I haven't had a single buffer underrun in about 45 minutes of playing (as shown by the control panel), I'd usually get one or two here and there. I'll run a longer test later.

I tried lowering latency from 256s/2ms down to 64s/2ms (running 48k) just for kicks and traktor's meter spiked right away, pops galore. Ended up setting it back to my previous settings, content with traktor's stabilized cpu whoring.

Is this increased CPU load still noticeable with or without multi-core processing enabled?
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

mine went from barely noticeable to 80%. That's according to the Traktor display only.

running on an old machine here, dual-core T4400. a quick test running 2 decks and 8 samples playing, ping pongs between about 10% and 14% cpu usage in the task manager which only seems like a few % over what it is when i quit traktor. the traktor display seems to bounce around 30-40% ish whether i'm playing anything or not - not sure how that and the task manager relate...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast