Stable vci-100 for imac?
    Tech Wizard

Default Stable vci-100 for imac?

I updated my vci-100 to 1.4 the second I got my hands on it I have tried a few different tsi files on my pc & mac with TP & T2 and it just doesnt run smooth the pitch fader is jacked up & the jog wheels are too sensitive. I found some tweaks for the pc combing thru the threads but I have a new imac I want to use this on. Can someone tell me the most stable vci-100 set up please include firmware version, TP or TP2 & link to tsi file for mac.

I have been running non-stop and just have not had time to figure it out and I am new to Mac so it takes twice as long due to the learning curve. I like the tech stuff but its really about the music and I just want to mix not tweak with the tech stuff right now. I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Tech Mentor

There should be no difference between using the VCI 100 on a Mac vs Windows - it's just how you have the Traktor set up.

There are jog wheel adjustment knobs at the back of the VCI 100 and what's the problem with the pitch fader?
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Tech Wizard

Default pitch faders

Using the VCI pitch fader it does not move much in the software it barely moves even though I have the slider all the way up/down so I cannot adjust the bpm without using the mouse to slide pitch in the software in traktor pro. My pc was doing the same thing but someone posted a fix on djtt that made it work better. Thanks for the jogwheel tip I was not aware of that adjustment.

Tech Mentor

That's because the default pitch range when you load the DJ TT TSI file is +/- 100 - go into Preferences and lower the pitch range if you want it to visually match better or you could change the Midi settings for the controller
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Tech Wizard

Default Help (Updated 3/3/12)

Still having problems

I tried T2 with the 1.4 TSI same problem with the pitch bend.

I forgot about the x fader adjustment on the back of the vci so thats fixed. Sorry have a newborn and you will lose your mind along with your sleep!!

Anyone have a TSI file they would mind sharing that fixes these problems?

I like the solid build of the vci but this is becoming a headache thinking about selling this and getting a controller from NI if I cannot get this fixed soon.
    Last edited by Floyd; 03-03-2012 at 12:58 PM.