Maschine Mikro controller only price?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Maschine Mikro controller only price?

Any word on the cost for just the controller. Anyone here with connections to NI know?

AFAIK Maschine isn't sold without the software ?_?

Maschine IS available without the software IF and ONLY IF, you're a registered Maschine user, it's not more than a replacement controller.

About Maschine Mikro, some already asked on NI's forum, and, as ususal, NI's answer wasn't really clear, at least, the last time I checked.

I already sent them an email... still no answer....
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

OK, got my answer from NI, here's the official statement
    Thank you for contacting Native Instruments!

As it turns out there won´t be any "Controller only" product for sale, you´d have
    to purchase the full version. Please note that MASCHINE MIKRO only makes sense for
    registered MASCHINE users if they´d like to have a more portable version for live
    gigs as you have considerably more features and functionalities on the bigger
    hardware available.

If you have any more questions please don´t hesitate to contact us via this E-Mail!

Best regards
    Andre, Native Instruments Support Team
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    OK, got my answer from NI, here's the official statement
    Thank you for contacting Native Instruments!

As it turns out there won´t be any "Controller only" product for sale, you´d have
    to purchase the full version. Please note that MASCHINE MIKRO only makes sense for
    registered MASCHINE users if they´d like to have a more portable version for live
    gigs as you have considerably more features and functionalities on the bigger
    hardware available.

If you have any more questions please don´t hesitate to contact us via this E-Mail!

Best regards
    Andre, Native Instruments Support Team
    That makes no sense to me at all. One of it's strongest points is that it comes with the full version of the software, but in NI's minds it only makes sense that registered users of that software buy the kontroler? WTF?!?!?!?!?!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That makes no sense to me at all. One of it's strongest points is that it comes with the full version of the software, but in NI's minds it only makes sense that registered users of that software buy the kontroler? WTF?!?!?!?!?!
    i read their statement as meaning they are targetting the mikro to users that don't already have the fullsize maschine - as a user with the full one is only likely to want a mikro if they want a more portable version - and so more likely to not want one?

seems odd to me anyway... there's probably a half decent market out there for the controller only.

and anyone who does have the fullsize one and also fancies a smaller one for gigging is definately not going to want to fork out for the software twice...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I guess that makes a little more sense. And not making the controller only available probably cuts down on piracy to a point because the software without the controller just isn't as appealing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I guess that makes a little more sense. And not making the controller only available probably cuts down on piracy to a point because the software without the controller just isn't as appealing.
    this is true. tho you'd think they could at least sell the controller by itself to registered maschine users...

wish i knew the % of users here who didn't bother to pay for traktor etc. i'm fairly sure it's lower than for a lot of other software tho...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Maschine Mini Mikro for Jeremy Ellis trained hamster
    Erase. Stop. Start.

So when does the ipod/ipad app come out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast