Questions about 2.1.1 update

Default Questions about 2.1.1 update

i tested it for about 15 minutes. seems ok to me, but like i said, i haven't tested it properly yet.

definately see an increase in CPU usage though, i'm at around 35% using a macbook pro 2.4ghz, 4gb ram. i think about 8% more than before the update.

just wondering about 3 things:

1 - why use the headroom options? i don't really see a benefit, you'd just have to turn the gain up the more headroom you have.

2 - i guess my mac is a duel core, would i see any benefits from enabling multicore processor option?

3 - when i loop now, there's a blue cursor that continues through the track as the loop is playing, i never saw that before, what's the purpose and how do i disable this?

Tech Mentor

The headroom is intended to work in conjunction with the limiter. Previously, you had to change the master output gain in the software so that you had headroom before the limiter kicked in.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Hey Hey bro,

Blue cursor is your ABSOLUTE POSITION on the record. No need for the headroom for your setup bro trust me I gues multi-core processing was necessary to get keylock on each sample deck and i can see a better speed at analyzing tracks. thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilldawn View Post
    Hey Hey bro,

Blue cursor is your ABSOLUTE POSITION on the record. No need for the headroom for your setup bro trust me I gues multi-core processing was necessary to get keylock on each sample deck and i can see a better speed at analyzing tracks. thats it.
    lol. tilldawn in the place to be!

thanks guys.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
    lol. Tilldawn in the place to be!

Thanks guys.
    yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!