Club Comparison Questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Club Comparison Questions

Hey everyone.

Say you're the resident DJ at a club. How long are your nightly sets? What time do you start, what time do you stop, do you take breaks (and if you do, what do you do inbetween), etc.

I just want to compare mine to everyone elses.

Nehz

Tech Mentor

Depends on the club and the event. Some sets are 90 minutes, some are 6 hours.

Breaks?? Pretty hard to take a break when you're performing.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

i guess im one of the lucky ones... i get 2 breaks during my night. One before my set and one after... LOL!

usually my sets are anywhere from 1-3 hrs dont normally have a set start time as i choose to do more guest spots then settling down for a residency.

One of my local bars has 2 CDJ 200s and an unidentified 2 channel mixer. The booth is also tiny. I think it has a 4 channel installation mixer though. Haven't played there yet though.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

The local bar I go to has two CDJ-2000's and two Technics MK5's. I'm not sure of the mixer tbh. (I don't play there, but I go there sometimes twice a week for listening to tunes). Probably one of the best little spots in Boston (Cambridge technically).

Lately there have been more controllerists playing on the non-DnB nights. It seems to me most people who spin DnB are particularly picky when it comes to what you spin on.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    Lately there have been more controllerists playing on the non-DnB nights. It seems to me most people who spin DnB are particularly picky when it comes to what you spin on.
    These days everyone is picky to what you spin on

On-topic,
    Most of my spots have been 4 hour, 11-3 spots, but a few places ive been to have opened earlier or finished later.
    Any breaks you get are pee breaks and ive got a few extended remixes of songs for when that happens, you should need a break when your only playing songs for 4 hours.
    Unless your playing a 12 hour back to back set with your mate in sweltering romanian heat, thats when you need breaks.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

The club i play at opens at 11 and closes at 3. I DJ 11 until half 1 on a Friday then go back to back the rest of the night with the other DJ. Then Saturdays its 11 until half 1 then the other DJ does main set the rest of the night.

It also has 2x Technics 1210's, 2x cdj1000 mk3's and djm600 mixer.

Previous clubs have been 11 until 3 with no break unless i was getting a drink/beer and having a toilet break.
    Last edited by Liambo; 09-26-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Club I play in the most has 2 x Technics 1210s. 2 x Pioneer CDJ somethings (I don't use them, so I've never looked too hard - they've got USB slots in the top though) and a A&H Xone: 62 which I hate, as the crossfader is shite.

Play 11-2 up there ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

depending on the party i either play 1-2 hour sets or if i´m the only dj i play from 10/11pm to 5/6/7am.
    when playing long set like 5-8 hours i alway have some buddies around who will take care of my stuff when i have to take a wee. if they aren´t around an big empty beer glass also does the job
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

doors here open at 1030 pm and go till 2.
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast