Deckadance / VCI-100 / Keyboard

Default Deckadance / VCI-100 / Keyboard

can someone PLEASE explain how to loop with the VCI 100 in Deckadance?

by default, Deckadance seems to only want to loop if i'm HOLDING the loop button down. i understand there's midi mapping available. but, when i chose TOGGLE while in Midi Learn mode, it still did the same thing.

also, is there a way to change the loop size on the deck itself?

also? what about keyboard shortcuts? how do i map those and are there any keyboard shortcut layouts available for Deckadance?

thanks for taking the time out to assist!
    HP Envy i7
    8GB Ram - 24GB SS Cache
    Fast Track Pro - MPD24 - Vestax VCI-100 - APC 40 MKII

Deckdance doesnt allow for using your keyboard, you would have to use a program like Bomes Midi Translator - the free edition will be enough to convert keystrokes into midi that you can use

Also sadly the midi implementation in Deckadance is really really really poor - its a program with huge potential but at the moment the execution is a little poor.

Basicly with deckadance (atleast the last time i used it anyway) you rather have the choice of using their inbuild midi mapping, or creating your own from scratch. If you create your own mapping from scratch you miss out on looooots of features, including being able to scrub with the jog wheels. Moral of the story is not to use Deckadance until its had time to mature more - or just learn to be happy with the standard mapping they give you which is pretty crappy.

good lookin BentoSan! appreciate the info.
    HP Envy i7
    8GB Ram - 24GB SS Cache
    Fast Track Pro - MPD24 - Vestax VCI-100 - APC 40 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by KeizerSoze View Post
    good lookin BentoSan! appreciate the info.
    Yeah sorry to break the bad news to you man, deckadance could be a really really cool program - at the moment its pretty second rate though. This is why i route my audio from Traktor into Ableton and not just use deckadance as a vst inside of Ableton to begin with.

the having to push and hold the loop button is fixed in the newest beta, but yeah i gotta agree with bento, DD is just not quite there yet in a few important issues.

there is a standard keyboard setup for deckadance:

http://deckadance.image-line.com/doc...rdcontrol.html
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk