So I've been contemplating DVS... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok, ive read a few reviews on the Synq X-TRM1, it looks like a good table and has a fair bit of positive feedback.

I myself had stanton T.80's before my techs, these are based on the OEM design too. But the plasic feels cheap, the pitch fader was horrid and the torque was pitiful. This in no way bears reflection on the Synq, just my personal experience. I would not buy a super OEM table again.

What Hoodless says is also true, those second hand techs will sell for the same as you bought them. Im surprised they are so expensive over there tbh. I thought the whole 'theyve gone out of production' thing had passed.

When I tried to shift my Stantons it took months and I got nowhere near what I paid for them.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

stanton T.80's are not super OEM. I guarantee you.

I also think buying them (or any turntable) new is foolish, they devalue too quickly. Buy them second hand and you can sell them for the same price you got them for. I've seen super OEM turntables go for £80.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Really?!?!?!?! you diss the stanton 150 and recommend the 80?... You have no idea what you are talking about. what's wrong with ti being oem? I know people who swear by them and they are the only stanton turntable worht buying imo. Have you ever used a 150? A lot of people like them BETTER than technics. Build quality is on par with technics and it has STRONGER torque...
    Last edited by Kid Quest; 09-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9
    http://www.soundcloud.com/kid-quest

Tech's all day long, they are robust, easy to repair/modify, you can sell them on for what you paid and will last a long time!

Stanton 150's very close second call, just don't hold their value as well as Techs but NOT far off.. Better torque though which can be nice but also a bitch to repair/modify/find parts for.

Numark TTX, great deck all round brilliance but just doesn't hold value, earlier models had overheating issues (easy fix if you know electronics). Hard to find parts as its very digital.

I bought Techs 3 years ago that were 2 years old (so now 5 years old) and i can sell them for 200 quid MORE than i bought them for, that's why you should buy Techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    I bought Techs 3 years ago that were 2 years old (so now 5 years old) and i can sell them for 200 quid MORE than i bought them for, that's why you should buy Techs.
    You can do this with the super oem turntables too. Just don't buy new.

the Synq XTRM1 is also an excellent turntable. Its guts are the same as the stanton 150.
    fyi
    all these tables have the same guts give or take a few feature specific to each

American Audio HTD 4.5
    Stanton ST/STR8-150
    Reloop RP6000MK5
    Citronic PD-45/45mk2
    Synq XTRM1
    Akiyama Acura DJ-4000
    Kam DDX5000
    BST PRO-PR4.5
    Koolsound TDJ-04
    Ominitronic DD5250
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9

Except the stanton has pointy corners, line level input and key lock. Totally worth the extra money ;P

They are heavy as shit too, but feel the most solid/sturdy of the bunch.

So, I just took the plunge and bought two 1210s (1x Mk2, 1x M3D) through a classified ad. All in all it cost me 700€, but they look brand new and came with carts, a cheap Behringer mixer and 120 records (like the mixer those are probably all crap, but even if I get only a Euro each on ebay it's a good deal).

Now finding space to set them up properly is gonna be a bit harder, but I'll see about that...
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12