Traktor cpu/drop out problems (Tried everything it seems!)
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor cpu/drop out problems (FIXED!)

I've been messing with this for 2 weeks straight and tried soooo many things and Traktor still isn't working right!

Please keep in mind that everything worked flawlessly for 3-4 months before these problems started. The cpu meter in traktor starts fine, but within 10 minutes or so, build and builds until it turns red. Then it starts crackilng, dropping out, and eventually crashes the software.

My setup:

Dell Latitude D830
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    4 Gigs RAM
    Intel Core 2 duo T7500 2.2 GHz
    N.I. Audio 2 Dj (currently 2.015 driver)
    Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M (256 MB)

I run Traktor with a controller, not time code

Things I've tried:

-Fresh Install of windows 7 on freshly formatted drive (tried x86 version as well)
    -step by step N.I. guide to tweaking windows
    -Complete update of all drivers
    -disabled all services and devices not required to run Traktor
    -Replaced Audio 2 DJ with a brand new box
    -tried Audio 2 dj drivers (2.015/2.94/3.0)
    -Installed Traktor Pro 1

I'm sure that there is more that I'm not thinking of right now, but as you can see, I've tried a lot. I really need to get this working as I have gigs coming up, and would really like to use Traktor.
    Last edited by RianJ; 09-28-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Tech Convert

Please help if you have any ideas... I realize there are already a ton of posts about this kind of thing, but I have been reading for 2 weeks straight and can not seem to find an answer to my specific problem. Any fresh ideas would be extremely appreciated!

Tech Convert

Ok! I had been dealing with this for about 2 weeks straight. I had read pages and pages of forums and taken every step in almost every one of them. It turned out my culprit was the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System" in the system devices group of the device manager. I uninstalled the driver, rebooted, and all the sudden a whole bunch of drivers were turned off and being reinstalled. Kinda scared me for a second, but when I rebooted, everything was back to normal and no more cpu spikes in traktor! I'm not really sure what happened, but I do know it came from uninstalling that driver.

Hope this helps some people... I know a lot of people are having the same difficulty.