Xone db4 or DJM2000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xone db4 or DJM2000

I'm planning to buy a new mixer and I want to invest in a good one. I play deep/tech house and I'm stuck between DJM2000 and Xone DB4. I like DB4 but then I think it might be too complicated and I won't be able to use it to the max. On the other hand I was going to buy DJM2000 but then I saw Xone DB4 . Also the clubs in toronto mostly use pioneer and I think that if i buy DB4 then I'll stick with Xone forever. I use traktor S4 as well. Which one is a better choice?

I'd say the Xone since I don't see the 2000 becoming club standard any time soon so the usual "Pioneer is club standard" argument doesn't apply. However, given http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37515 you may want to wait a bit to see what the new Xone product is before you shell out for the db4

i would just throw the DJM 900 in the ring. Personally it would be a battle for me between a 900 or a db4. Tough call, but I really like my 700. Regardless can't go wrong.

Well you won't find a 2000 at any club, it will be all 800s and 900s, just like I doubt you will find a db4 at a club, if you are lucky it will be a 92 or this new thing coming out.

Personally, I think Xones undeniable sound better, are built better, feel better, look better, and are just more satisfying to mix on. The Pioneer mixer just feel like cheaper plastic and are shakier to me and before the built in FX thing was always a big selling point but I think most of them sounded crappy anyway. Hopefully A&H will change that but I don't see Xones overtaking club installs in areas that are already favored by pioneer.

So it really depends a lot on how important it is for you to have a setup that closely matches a typical club install. If you want to practice on pioneer so you are used to playing out on pioneer, get a 900. If you don't really care and want to have the best all around crazy mixer for your personal mixing pleasure, get the Xone.

Are Xones full metal? I own several DJM's and dont feel like plastic at all, except the knobs, but they feel pretty solid to me! What am I missing?

the 2000 is toilet lol its huge and over priced. The 900 is a much better choice imo. Ive seen roger sanchez use a 2000 a fair bit, but thats about it. In europe its about 50/50 with the pioneer vs xone mixers in club set ups, with a lot of clubs also having both.

But saying all of that! you have to decide what you want the mixer for then decide if you want features, looks, club standard in your area etc
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Personally, I think Xones undeniable sound better, are built better, feel better, look better, and are just more satisfying to mix on. The Pioneer mixer just feel like cheaper plastic and are shakier to me and before the built in FX thing was always a big selling point but I think most of them sounded crappy anyway. Hopefully A&H will change that but I don't see Xones overtaking club installs in areas that are already favored by pioneer.
    I had the same opinion, then I used a friends 900 and was blown away. The xone 92 is still a favorite of mine too though. Those long faders, filters, aux in's and 4 band eq = sex of a mixer!

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    So it really depends a lot on how important it is for you to have a setup that closely matches a typical club install. If you want to practice on pioneer so you are used to playing out on pioneer, get a 900. If you don't really care and want to have the best all around crazy mixer for your personal mixing pleasure, get the Xone.
    + this. Well said.
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Quote Originally Posted by DjZzeless View Post
    Are Xones full metal? I own several DJM's and dont feel like plastic at all, except the knobs, but they feel pretty solid to me! What am I missing?
    The knobs and faders feel a lot better and the whole thing is all metal. Aside from the meh plastic knobs and caps the faders and pots themselves don't feel as solid.

Yeah the 900 is a seriously nice mixer; I'd go for that over the 2000 -- people say the DB4 looks overcomplicated but I would say the 2000 looks far more complicated than the DB4. And if you use the DB4 for half an hour you'll see it's extremely well designed from the perspective of having the basic functions intuitive and easy to get to. The 2000? I wouldn't know where to start with that touch screen. It looks like it can do some seriously cool shit but I'd be scared to leave a setting on one of the menus in the wrong place and then not be able to find it again, lol. But I've never used the 2000; I played a gig on the 900 for a few hours and the DB4 I played with for a couple hours in a store. The 900 is just intuitive as hell and feels really nice. The effects are easy to figure out and to get to and to adjust. But the amount of control you have over them is limited. I'm sure the 2000 gives you way more control but with a lot more complexity. The DB4 gives you a lot more control without the complexity. And seriously better sound, though I don't think any of these mixers is a slouch in the sound department.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

DB4, or this new A&H mixer, looks beast.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast