????organizing music on your mac????
    Tech Wizard

Default ????organizing music on your mac????

How does every one organize their music on there mac.. I have come up with a way using mixed in key but would like to know how every one organizes there music!

Tech Mentor

Date or BPM

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Genre folders for archiving. Id3 tags and Traktor library for everything else. Itunes takes care of my non-dj music.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

iTunes and Traktor library. I use MIK and tag stuff to a point.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard
    my home is in CO , but i am traveling atm

i use MIK for keys only , but i do it a long and painful way ....

First i add the songs into iTunes , then i let them auto Genre from what ID3 says , i make sure all the Tags are right with Rinse then i add something special. in the Composer spot i add the Genre again ! this will help with things later ....

after i have done all that i remove anything that is NOT the Genre in question , i make a folder on my Mac-top and change the preference in iTunes to the folder ( * name the folder the genre ) after i have done all that i remove everything AGAIN , and input the music , but REMOVING ( Deleting ) the Genre i just finished before starting everything over again .....

i have about 789000 songs , and it took me about 2 years to come up with a right way to do them. once i got everything i wanted done i took the non-DJ music and put it on a 1TB drive and switched iTunes to read from it ( in preference ) after that i been weeding out tracks and things i don't DJ right away on 1tb Genre Specific HHD's , its seems like a lot of work , but i don't have a problem finding anything i have ....

Tech Mentor

hate itunes so i stopped using it so now its all an unorganized mess in there. some of the organizing stuff that it does is kinda nice but i don't like how it has to be inside of the itunes folder( now that i think about it i could have probably changed that) it annoys me also hate that it doesn't write the album art into the ID3 tag (I remember having to redo all of my album art a few times for some stupid reason)

so now I just do <my music>/<Album Artist>/<Album>/ tracks then go into Traktor and let it scan my drive for new files, then i drag that into mixed in key, then last but not least beatgrid and lock them all.

also have playlist i like to use inside of traktor >
    - Club/Electro/House (the one I play from the most i try to keep top40 out of it)
    - top 40 ( have been working alot on this lately in case i need to spin at a house party)
    - top 40 + ( 110 - 140 BPM from top40 playlist)
    - top 40 - ( 64ish - 115 BPM from top40 playlist)
    - Dubstep ( all of my dubstepp... not really i still have to go sort it out)
    - samples (for sample decks)