im looking for a radius 2000 guru
    Tech Student

Default im looking for a radius 2000 guru

hi guys n gals, as the title says i need someone to help me out.
    i have 2 main questions ------

1- can i connect these units in such a way that i can read from 1 memory stick on both decks (if that makes sense)

and

2- i'm getting fairly frustrated trying to connect them to traktor pro2,

how do i get them to work on each channel of traktor ie. the left deck to control A and the right to control B, when i start up traktor both cdjs seem to run on channel a !!!!!

hope that all makes sense if not i'l answer the questions when they arise...

thanks in advance
    daz

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deejay daz View Post
    hi guys n gals, as the title says i need someone to help me out.
    i have 2 main questions ------

1- can i connect these units in such a way that i can read from 1 memory stick on both decks (if that makes sense)

and

2- i'm getting fairly frustrated trying to connect them to traktor pro2,

how do i get them to work on each channel of traktor ie. the left deck to control A and the right to control B, when i start up traktor both cdjs seem to run on channel a !!!!!

hope that all makes sense if not i'l answer the questions when they arise...

thanks in advance
    daz

I have a radius 1000 (which is pretty much dead)

I can't answer the first question but the second i can

1) Did you download the mapping or make it yourself?

If you downloaded the mapping for duo of there site it only takes small modifications to get it working

Mapping left deck will have all the midi channels set to 1 but so will the right decks mapping meaning some controls will control the same stuff

change the right deck to the same settings it is at but to midi channel 2 its pretty straight forward just look what its at and change it in the menu no need to delete

Then set left deck (deck a) in your radius settings to be midi channel A (if you don't know how to do this i can explain further) and deck B (right deck) to be controlling midi channel 2

Then each controller will control a seperate deck

If your using 4 decks you could set it so left deck could control A and C by switching a midi channel and Right deck to control deck B and D

If that did'nt make much sense then i can break it down further

Tech Student

sorry bud i thought i was pretty good with this sort o thing but i feel like a proper dummy atm lol,

you might need to break this bit down for me

Then set left deck (deck a) in your radius settings to be midi channel A (if you don't know how to do this i can explain further) and deck B (right deck) to be controlling midi channel 2

send me a pm and i can let this thread die....

cheers
    the dumb one daz lol
    2x american audio radius 2000's
    american audio mx1400dsp mixer
    audio 4 dj
    traktor pro 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deejay daz View Post
    sorry bud i thought i was pretty good with this sort o thing but i feel like a proper dummy atm lol,

you might need to break this bit down for me

send me a pm and i can let this thread die....

cheers
    the dumb one daz lol
    tell you what.... i'll send you my mapping and explain in detail how to get the players set up right to work if i go through midi channels and all it will take forever and probebly make little sense

Im at college atm so expect it later on today if i can find a way to upload it..

Tech Wizard

http://www.mediafire.com/?ep40t29kq21pfck

Im not sure how to upload mappings to DJTT so i put it on mediafire

To get your players working first do the left deck.

1) Turn it on and hold down the Folder rotary/button till you get to the menu it should say "1. Jog mode"

2) Use the left parameter knob to scroll through the menu till you reach "A. Midi CH"

3) Press the left parameter rotary down and it will go into the menu it should say "Ch 1-8"

4) Use the left parameter knob to scroll through till "CH 1" and press the knob down to select it

5) It will take you back to "A. Midi Ch" now just scroll to "Exit and save" and press it down it should say "Saving" and the "Memory" button will flash red

Now the controller will be set to control Midi Channel 1

Simply repeat with the right deck but set it to "CH 2" instead

Now your left radius will control the left deck within traktor and your right radius will control the right deck

Hope this helps

Im basing this of a radius 1000 so it may be slightly different

Please somebody help im having the same problem, i know this post is old but oh well