What turntables to get?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default What turntables to get?

Im thinking of getting two turntables, and going Scratch Live. I play deephouse, so rarely have more then 2 decks playing at once.
    Playing with controllers is easy and all, but I think dvs will be more fun.
    The one thing I have against it is that turntables at venues always seem to be broken... but for my bedroom it will be so much fun!

Im in doubt now... should I get a pair of Technics (second-hand, since you dont find new ones anywhere). Or should I get a new pair of super OEM's.
    I know Technics last a lifetime, but Im just afraid of ending up with a crappy pair.

Any thoughts on this? Its not like I am gonna get them short-term, just thinking things over and trying to decide the right thing

My current setup consists of a A&H DB4 and a NI Maschine (which I seem to use way less then I thought).
    I used to use my DB4 as a controller too, but I love the button bashing, so I will buy a new controller real soon (either X1, or the new A&H thingy that I can hook up to my DB4 using X-Link)

Quote Originally Posted by addictive View Post
    Any thoughts on this?
    No new thoughs sorry...
    [ame="http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1383&bih=699&q=+site:djtechtools. com+what+turntables+to+purchAsE+djtechtools+forums #sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=site:djtechtools.com+what+tur ntables+to+buy+forums&pbx=1&oq=site:djtechtools.co m+what+turntables+to+buy+forums"]site:djtechtools.com what turntables to purchAsE djtechtools forums - Google Search[/ame]
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Technics without question, you would be challenged to find a pair that didn't work well. Just search craigslist and you can see for yourself. If you really wanted to waste some money you could buy new in box too.

You could try the Stanton T.92usb

It's got the same torque as Technics SL1200s, and all the extra benefits of the younger/newer generation OEM turntables.

(Plus you can easily rip your old vinyl through the USB interface. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

If you want to have what most clubs have, just pick up a pair of Technics. The specific model is basically dependent on how much you'd like to spend.

The super OEM tables are nice, but I found that most of the "bells and whistles" aren't really that useful in all honesty, and they are all a little different. The Stanton ST-150's, Vestax PDX 2000/3000, and Numark TTX are all said to be fairly solid.

That being said, I'm happy I went and got myself a pair of Technics 1200's (even though they are MK2's) because it's nice being used to the stuff that may be in a club. And that's what my buddies (for the most part) have in their own home setups, so we can transition easily when messing about.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Techs... Also, curious - why SSL over Traktor?

Tech Mentor

I said I was going Scrath Live, not Serato

Seems like the Technics are the way to go, being used to their torque and feeling is indeed a good thing I guess

Tech Mentor

Scratch Live is Serato, Traktor Is TSP2 = Traktor Scratch Pro 2

If your going for TT's, i will recommend what i always recommend..

Techs first of all (pick up some mk5's if possible)
    Stanton 150's
    Numark TTX's

Technics...........FTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast