Can you transfer the free TP2 before initial setup?
    Tech Wizard

Default Can you transfer the free TP2 before initial setup?

I understand that the free Traktor Pro 2 is not transferable. I'm not sure exactly what that means. I know I couldn't register it and then unregister and sell it but... If the software has not been installed can it be sold or given to someone else? I'm asking because I'm buying traktor duo on Saturday but I bought an X1 on Amazon today. I don't need the free TP2. I'm going to upgrade duo to scratch pro 2.
    Wanted: Traktor Kontrol Z2

Current: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Numark 5000 FX, Technics 1200 M3D, Technics 1200 MK2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Peavey XR 684, (2) MTX TP1200, Sony MDR-V700

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think you have to send a copy of the receipt to NI. I also think I read that on the NI site.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I took advantage of this deal just because it was the cheapest way to get TP2 (I'm selling the X1). NI just sends you a download link and a serial number for TP2 after you upload the image of your receipt/packing slip. I haven't even opened the box to my X1. So I would imagine you'd be fine passing along the serial number.

Tech Wizard

That's what I was thinking epidemik. If it hasn't been registered I don't see why someone else couldn't register it.
    Wanted: Traktor Kontrol Z2

Current: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Numark 5000 FX, Technics 1200 M3D, Technics 1200 MK2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Peavey XR 684, (2) MTX TP1200, Sony MDR-V700

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

CAREFUL.

If you get a voucher for an upgrade and you have an NI account (which you will if you receive emails) the serial number may be linked to your account email address.

Worst case scenario is that someone else tries to register it and it says its already regsitered. You then have to Transfer Ownership or Unregister.

This is a good example of the confusion between 'Registration' and 'Activation'. They are 2 wholly separate entities.