New Techno mix for fall
    Tech Mentor

Default New Techno mix for fall

I made this mix on the fly at my last gig, some feedback would be great

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix today, on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on. Here's my feedback.

- Tracklisting in DJTT post = moar clicks and moar feedbacks.

- I mostly liked the tracks you played, some of them were a bit too much "swishy swish airplanes in a steam tunnel" but in general the tracks were pretty solid. I noticed you played a Maetrik track but called him "Meatrik" in the tracklist, lol? I also thought the transitions made sense harmonically and so forth.

- There were a few times where I really heard you working the mix, and I like that in a techno mix. I can't think of the time specifically, but you brought in a new record in a way that really increased the energy.

- It seemed like there were moments where there was TOO MUCH BASS which I know is hard to imagine in general but it was VERY VERY LOUD and drowned out the rest of the music.

- I don't believe I heard any mixes which were significantly off in terms of phasing or phrasing.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    I listened to your mix today, on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on. Here's my feedback.

- I mostly liked the tracks you played, some of them were a bit too much "swishy swish airplanes in a steam tunnel" but in general the tracks were pretty solid. I noticed you played a Maetrik track but called him "Meatrik" in the tracklist, lol? I also thought the transitions made sense harmonically and so forth.

- There were a few times where I really heard you working the mix, and I like that in a techno mix. I can't think of the time specifically, but you brought in a new record in a way that really increased the energy.

- It seemed like there were moments where there was TOO MUCH BASS which I know is hard to imagine in general but it was VERY VERY LOUD and drowned out the rest of the music.

- I don't believe I heard any mixes which were significantly off in terms of phasing or phrasing.

Just gonna say, you do some awesome(r) reviews

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post

Thanks a lot! I did the mix live at a gig so I wasn't as attentive as I should have been on the EQ because the place doesn't have a monitor.

But yeah I should definitely tone back the bass a bit.