Xone: DB2 Thread - Page 33
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Default Doesn't work out well for me :(

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Yes, you can use the DB2's sound card to record via USB. I'm assuming it'll work the same as the DB4, they have basically the same sound card.

In the menu, there's an option called 'USB routing'. In there, choose one of the 4 available sends and select Record. Again this is on the DB4 but the DB2 will be broadly similar:

Attachment 14775

Now, in traktor input routing, select the DB2 send you've used as record in one of the input channels. Since you're not using timecode or live input to traktor, it doesn't matter which one you use. If you've used send 1 it'll be channels 1 & 2 of the DB2 sound card, if you've used send 2 it'll be channels 3 & 4, etc. Then go to mix recorder in traktor settings, set it to external mode and select whichever input you've chosen as the source. Now pressing record in traktor will record from the DB2's record out.

Is that clear enough?

I bought DB2 yesterday, fell in love! Followed your suggestion here precisely on how to record the set using DB2's soundcard routing via traktor mix recorder etc. Followed by trying out recording a test set a while ago. The outcome of the recorded mix has taken me by surprise!! -- the issue -- the volume of the recorded mix drops almost upto 60 percent from while actually playing - this after bringing down my headroom on traktor and db2 to -3 and 0 respectively. Guess I am missing some settings on mixer?! As whilst recording, I see, on traktor audio recording the mix frequency being only about 40 percent (hence about 60 percent of volume drop?! .. whereas when I used external audio interface audio 6 to record my mixes in the past, it was really loud, almost sounded the same while in the mix. It will be a shame me having to use a soundcard to record mixes given the fact that DB2 inbuilt audio interface is compared to the quality to the likes of audio 10!

Btw, when you say "Yes, you can use the DB2's sound card to record via USB" - you mean the same USB that routes my sound from traktor on each channel to the mixer of course right?! I am in a bit of an SOS situation so anyone who can help here will be great! Its my first mixer and I am thrilled nonetheless!! xx

Default Doesn't work out well for me :(

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Yes, you can use the DB2's sound card to record via USB. I'm assuming it'll work the same as the DB4, they have basically the same sound card.

In the menu, there's an option called 'USB routing'. In there, choose one of the 4 available sends and select Record. Again this is on the DB4 but the DB2 will be broadly similar:

Attachment 14775

Now, in traktor input routing, select the DB2 send you've used as record in one of the input channels. Since you're not using timecode or live input to traktor, it doesn't matter which one you use. If you've used send 1 it'll be channels 1 & 2 of the DB2 sound card, if you've used send 2 it'll be channels 3 & 4, etc. Then go to mix recorder in traktor settings, set it to external mode and select whichever input you've chosen as the source. Now pressing record in traktor will record from the DB2's record out.

Is that clear enough?
    I bought DB2 yesterday, fell in love! Followed your suggestion here precisely on how to record the set using DB2's soundcard routing via traktor mix recorder etc. Followed by trying out recording a test set a while ago. The outcome of the recorded mix has taken me by surprise!! -- the issue -- the volume of the recorded mix drops almost upto 60 percent from while actually playing - this after bringing down my headroom on traktor and db2 to -3 and 0 respectively. Guess I am missing some settings on mixer?! As whilst recording, I see, on traktor audio recording the mix frequency being only about 40 percent (hence about 60 percent of volume drop?! .. whereas when I used external audio interface audio 6 to record my mixes in the past, it was really loud, almost sounded the same while in the mix. It will be a shame me having to use a soundcard to record mixes given the fact that DB2 inbuilt audio interface is compared to the quality to the likes of audio 10!

Btw, when you say "Yes, you can use the DB2's sound card to record via USB" - you mean the same USB that routes my sound from traktor on each channel to the mixer of course right?! I am in a bit of an SOS situation so anyone who can help here will be great! Its my first mixer and I am thrilled nonetheless!! xx

Default Xone DB2/4 User Reviews?!

Hello Everybody.

I'm new to this forum.

I’m a Traktor DJ, I play mostly deep/funky/disco house and currently use a TA2 with a Xone 42 (love the Xone mixers) & X1 as my setup.

I’m looking to upgrade my mixer to the Xone DB2 (or DB4) as I’d like to use the internal soundcard for 4 deck Traktor mixing plus benefit from the amazing studio FX (Mark EG’s fx demo pretty much sold this mixer to me) and sweet A&H filters.

After searching the internet forums for the last few months I see that many users experience serious software (drivers/usb3) and quality issues with their DB2/4 mixers – however these seem to date back to 2013 and its now 2015 so perhaps these have been addressed.

I was thinking about getting the TA10 in case DB4 sound-card still has some driver issues at this time. This is not the ideal solution (at this price) but I still believe the mixer performs better then the DJM 900 (which I also had on my wishlist).

So with this in mind I have a few questions to Xone DB2 owners:

1. Are there any current (2015) known issues with the DB2 audio interface, Traktor latency? I currently use the Windows 7 Laptop with usb2 with no issues and plan to upgrade to Win8/usb3 (or higher).

2. Are there any hardware/ build quality issues?

3. Are the DB2 FXs PFL?

I’m planning to purchase the DB2 (or DB4, undecided yet) in early April – are there any audio tests I should do immediately after purchase to check that everything is in order before the 10 day return policy (UK) runs out (the mixer is a handful for someone switching from a Xone 42).

I very much appreciate any information from fellow xone users regarding the DB2. It’s a lot of cash so wanna make sure I’m making the right choice. My heart is set on the DB4!

Thanks!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233