New open source key detection tool - Page 13
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hi Ibsh. Having a lil problem with keyfinder on win 7. It runs fine on 4 year old amd desktop. On my dj i7 win 7 laptop, keyfinder opens then windows closes it down within seconds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by jester.NZ
    Also MiK converts each file to a wav before analysing, this one doesn't do that so is awesome fast for batch processing.
    FASTER than MiK? Sign me up...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I cannot for the life of me get this thing to write to my files.

I have it told to write to files during jobs in preferences.

That doesn't work.

Tried just right clicking and telling it to do so, but it will just sit there saying "0 key tags written to 0 files".
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    I cannot for the life of me get this thing to write to my files.

I have it told to write to files during jobs in preferences.

That doesn't work.

Tried just right clicking and telling it to do so, but it will just sit there saying "0 key tags written to 0 files".
    make sure your mp3 files don't have "read-only" selected

Well, if I can edit them manually in iTunes and Traktor, they wouldn't be read only, right?
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Well, if I can edit them manually in iTunes and Traktor, they wouldn't be read only, right?
    Is that a "Yes, i checked that my mp3's don't have "read-only" selected in properties" or a "It can't be that simple so I'm gonna just write something in reply"?

What I'm trying to say is: I had the same problem, this was my solution so try it first. And yes, my files were "read-only" and I could still edit them in Mp3Tag editor so I would suspect the same is with iTunes and other commercial programs.

And oh...Ibsh: you might wanna fix that in the next version

I checked for a read-only option. I'm on a Mac, and i just got it a couple months ago, where wold this read-only thing be?

I checked for a read-only option. I'm on a Mac, and i just got it a couple months ago, where wold this read-only thing be?
    http://www.cultofmac.com/56414/100-t...le-properties/

Tech Guru

No idea how accurate it is but love it. Dead easy to use and quick. Cheers

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ibsh View Post
    Good evening.

KeyFinder v1.17 is now available.

This version includes:
    * Hack for the key tag in iTunes metadata (AAC, ALAC etc)

As always, any feedback welcome. And if you have the linguistic chops to write a translation of the GUI into your language, let me know (it's easy; no programming knowledge is required).
    Thank you for this update; there is one small problem I have. When I run a batch from my music in iTunes, downloaded from iTunes so no 'local' mp3's, it overwrites the comments and puts the key in the Key tag, but when I search for the track in Traktor it still doesn't mention the key, nor does it in iTunes. Both the comments and key section stay blank. Am I overlooking something?

And second, is there another way to make a small donation to you for your hard work? Sadly I'm not the proud owner of a Paypal account...

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast