New open source key detection tool - Page 21
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ibsh View Post
    Anyone got any details on your crashes?
    Not much. Starts, then after 2-3 seconds just disappears from desktop. Maybe something related with to the automatic "new version is available" query? On the older version I usually get that message after 2-3 sec.
    Does KeyFinder have any log file?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Not much. Starts, then after 2-3 seconds just disappears from desktop. Maybe something related with to the automatic "new version is available" query? On the older version I usually get that message after 2-3 sec.
    Does KeyFinder have any log file?
    That's a fair guess. That or the XML loading for iTunes libraries or whatever. Windows? Mac?

I don't think the log will tell me anything in this case. But I'll take a look at the update code.

Keyfinder isn't working for me with OS X Mavricks. I have the latest version, and when launched, I get "key finder quit unexpectedly...") Any updates planned? Thanks again ibsh for this awesome piece of software!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    Keyfinder isn't working for me with OS X Mavricks. I have the latest version, and when launched, I get "key finder quit unexpectedly...") Any updates planned? Thanks again ibsh for this awesome piece of software!
    If you're certain it's the latest version (I updated for Mavs yesterday), I don't know what to tell you. Can you send me the crash report please?

If you're certain it's the latest version (I updated for Mavs yesterday), I don't know what to tell you. Can you send me the crash report please?
    Ahh maybe I jumped the gun. I just downloaded the latest version from your site and it works so I probably didn't have it. Sorry about that! Thank you!

That's a fair guess. That or the XML loading for iTunes libraries or whatever. Windows? Mac?

I don't think the log will tell me anything in this case. But I'll take a look at the update code.
    Don't have iTunes. WinXP SP3

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Don't have iTunes. WinXP SP3
    The next version will include more detailed logging of the startup processes so I should be able to learn more if the issue persists.

Funny thing: downgraded to 1.22 version, on my PC it works but on my laptop it keeps crashing (even though it worked before)

Tech Mentor

tried the most recent installer for keyfinder, not working on mavericks. won't even open. anyone been able to run it on mavericks?

--

edit: got it working, I had to go into system prefs > security > general and make it so apps from 'anywhere' (any distributor) will open.
    Last edited by trux; 12-07-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Tech Wizard

Hi Ibrahim, decided to redo ALL my files with KF as they were a mix of various key detection software results as yours is accurate and flexible. Even though Traktor will handle the basics, it won't append to file names, thanks for that. Quick question splitting hairs...is there any way to implement drag/drop onto the KF icon is OSX?