Vci-100/traktor Pro "problem" Please Help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Vci-100/traktor Pro "problem" Please Help!

I am new to all this so please help!!

I recently bought a VCI 100 w/o the software, so I went out and bought Traktor PRO. I loaded up it up, but I can't get the VCI 100 to work with it. The buttons and jog wheels won't work! I know there is a signal because in the traktor PRO window, up at top the MIDI light goes on when the buttons are pushed and I can play with the program with the keyboard only. I think it has to do with the mapping, which I don't know what I am doing (I am new to this computer djing). I have a mac desktop, so I went to docs<native ins.<traktor<settings<midi mapping (which nothing shows up?), then i tried to do it manuelly in midi mapping...still nothing!! Then I seen some tsi files on this site here, but I don't know how to load them up...lol! If anybody out there can please help out a new comer, Thanks!!

Also do I need a external sound card for mixing? Cause where I bought my software they told me I didn't.

Badrok

under midi settings the vci should show up, make sure that you have and "X" next to the Vestax VCI-100. It should work if you have the proper .tsi loaded.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

I tried that. I must have a wrong tsi. How would I know or how can I load up a new one. I seen some on here but I don't know how to upload them.

Thanks for the geting back

Open up Preferences>Import>Settings>Midi Mappings>Vestax VCI-100.tsi and you should be good.

Tech Convert

I have tried that, when I get to midi settings nothing shows up in that folder. That's were I am lost! I don't know whats going on? Is there a way to load an tsi file from here?

sounds like traktor didnt install right. I would say reinstall T-PRO

Hi Badrock,

I've moved your thread to general discussion. The controller mappings is only for posting already made or in progress mappings. Please read READ ME FIRST ** Posting Instructions for more information as to why your thread has been moved. Please try to read the stickies in a forum before posting. Thanks!

Questions regarding how to map, etc should be asked in general discussion for the time being.

Thanks for helping us keep out forums neet and tidy!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Tech Convert

I have done that a couple of times too! There is a signal going from the vci to the computer, the jog wheels and buttons don't do anything but when they are pushed the midi light lights up on t-pro. I am thinking it has to do with the mapping.

Can anyone tell me how to map the vci to t-pro or tell me how to load a tsi file? I am new to this:eek:
    Last edited by Monika.mhz; 03-04-2009 at 01:32 AM.

R T F M !!!
    Last edited by gfocus; 03-04-2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Shift key not stuck in first edit ;)

Please don't type in all caps. The caps lock is just a few centimeters over.

kthxbai
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast