VCI100mk2 how do map to make hot cues?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI100mk2 how do map to make hot cues?

Hi

I have a VCI100mk2

how do map to make hot cues?

I would like one button to set a cue point
    and one to return and play from it

The controller has 4 buttons
    1. Play/pause
    2. CUE
    3. I CUP
    4. II SET CUE

I though I might use these buttons to do it

But when i select set cue options it just keeps adding cue 1 ....cue 2 ...cue 3 ..cue 4..

Can anyone help

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    Hi

I have a VCI100mk2

how do map to make hot cues?

I would like one button to set a cue point
    and one to return and play from it

The controller has 4 buttons
    1. Play/pause
    2. CUE
    3. I CUP
    4. II SET CUE

I though I might use these buttons to do it

But when i select set cue options it just keeps adding cue 1 ....cue 2 ...cue 3 ..cue 4..

Can anyone help

Cheers
    sounds like you're mapping "store_cue" instead of "cue_set_store"

you'll also probably want to be able to delete them on the fly, so you'll need to choose a "shift" button for that:

M1: shift button, type=hold
    cue_set_store: cond: M1=0
    delete_cue_loop: cond: M1=1
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

cheers

some good info

but still i have the problem when i repeatedly press the button it keeps creating cue 2 3 4 . i really want it to just create a certain cue number?

Am i doing something wrong here?

Make sure you change the value to the numbered hot cue

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    Make sure you change the value to the numbered hot cue
    exactly...

Set to value: Hotcue 1 (or Hotcue 2 etc...)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

cheers bud

"cue loops - select/set+store hot cue"
    button options and button value.

is there a way of making it play continuously from the hot cue if its paused?
    i can play the hot cue and reach over to play if i hot cue from paused.
    also why does the original CUE button take me to to the hot cue?

--

i see now that the button sets and re-triggers the hot cue.

is there a way of making a button just 'set the hot cue', overwriting the old hot cue if it exists? ie a song is playing and one can repeatedly hit set cue until the right place is found? then use another button to trigger it to play from there (and play from there from the paused state as well as playing)

i see now that the button sets and re-triggers the hot cue.

is there a way of making a button just 'set the hot cue', overwriting the old hot cue if it exists? ie a song is playing and one can repeatedly hit set cue until the right place is found? then use another button to trigger it to play from there (and play from there from the paused state as well as playing)
    i can't see a way to do that without using middleware software that would send out a "delete hotcue" a few microseconds before your "set/store hotcue" message. tried playing about just now with invert on the set/store and couldn't make it work.

simplest way is to just have a shift to delete the cue first i guess.

to keep playing from a cue when you're in paused state you need to press cue then play before u release the cue i guess. (again unless u use extra software to basically map that for you - like my midimasher)

Tech Mentor

Cheers cool

it's not achievable with hot cues, but i now know how to set them up

i can do something similar with normal CUE. (it's what gave me the idea it was possible - plus its similar to a CD deck i used to use)

I can use the 'normal set cue' in this way ie hitting set cue loads of times. but if i hit the CUP button, and i have set a hot cue, the CUP button goes to that not the original CUE.

How can i make sue that i definitely play from the 'normal CUE' not the 'hot cue' using the CUE or CUP? What decides this behaviour?

sorry for being 100 questions

I can use the 'normal set cue' in this way ie hitting set cue loads of times. but if i hit the CUP button, and i have set a hot cue, the CUP button goes to that not the original CUE.

How can i make sue that i definitely play from the 'normal CUE' not the 'hot cue' using the CUE or CUP? What decides this behaviour?

sorry for being 100 questions
    there's a bunch of extra midi controls you can map for the normal cue - don't seem to be available for hot cues - tho i'd never really looked into it before.

looks like there's only the "set/store", "delete" and "map" for hot cues? and i have no clue what "map hotcue" does anyway... never used it.

most of my mapping now is done via my midimasher - so if i wanted that behaviour i'd just issue a "delete" followed by a "set/store"

kind of overkill to route all events via another app tho if u only want the few extra things like this tho i guess. plus i'd need to add an extra option like "send all incoming midi events to traktor unless custom behaviour is selected" etc

no problem with all the questions - just wish i had a decent answer for u...

Tech Mentor

It's nice to talk to someone who knows what is possible. the Traktor mapping window is a bit of pig if i am using trial and error

so why do the normal CUE and CUP play from the hot cue if i have just triggered a hot cue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast