M5G pitch control problem
    Tech Mentor

Default M5G pitch control problem

Hi,

I have a pair of used m5g's which I was very happy with until i discovered this little problem.

It appears that past the +6% range on the faders (on both units!) the pitch control is no longer calibrated! In fact my 6% pitch area appears to be slightly below the 6% area.

My 7% is actually somewhere between the 6 and 7% line, when I move it to the 7% marker traktor reports that the tempo is at 7.5%.

Past a certain point between the 7 and 8% marks it gets to 8% tempo and I effectively have a huge dead area below the 8% mark where it all appears to be 8% tempo.

Thinking it might be just the 1 deck I tested this on the other deck and it does the same thing. My test is just playing the timecode and looking at what traktor is reporting as the tempo.

Does anyone else with M5G's experience this? I've tried searching but can't find any info.

Tech Guru

Both of my M5G's act the same way, and my M3D's are the same as well

When I play on 1200 Mk2s, I dont worry about this as I just go by ear. End of the day, it's what sounds good.
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Tech Mentor

kk so it appears to be just an engineering deficiency.

Going to get them serviced anyway just in case!

nah, it doesn't worth it. EVEN if you fine tune the internal adjustement as per the service manual, you're not going to have the perfection.

If you want it, it is doable. I had such requirement in the past. To do so, you'll need to waste some time to manually adjust the trimmers inside the TT... it doesn't worth it.

I own a service center.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter