VCI-100 FW1.2 TPro 4 Decks (Scratch, Juggle, Jog/Fader FX, Jog Scrolling)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default 4 Decks VCI-100 FW1.2 TPro 1.1.1 (Scratch, Juggle, Jog/Fader FX, Jog Scrolling)

DL LINK NO LONGER ACTIVE!! THX FOR DOWNLOADING.

This file is for control of 4 decks. This is version 1, so please give feedback, and enjoy!

The tsi is designed from the ground up for control of cue juggling, beat jumping, deck duplication, loop and cue management and (the part I'm really stoked on) FX control that makes sense, and always shows the right status via LEDs. It's for firmware 1.2, but once I get 1.3 I'll remap it. Owing to the way FX button 4 is locked to the "effect" button above "cue" in 1.2, the 4th button will always be lit if an effect is on. I made the 4th FX knob also always control wet/dry, no matter what unit you're working on, or whether chained or advanced. Doing things this way also gives you a way to see the FX status, and turn the unit on or off no matter where you're at. Also, keep in mind this layout does not have controls for any automatic loop lengths. You need to click in and out for a loop to be set.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/11035953/...9/sharing.html

Architecture Overview: There are two main layers, Deck A/B control and Deck C/D control. Within either layer you have access to two sub-layers - a cue juggle/loop modify sub-layer and a beat jump sub-layer that will control decks depending on which main control layer you're in. There is also a fader/jog FX control layer that can be applied at any time. In addition, the tsi contains a mode for jog scrolling of tracks, and each sub-layer contains a deck duplication mode. All layers give a visual indicator at the leds next to the small black buttons on the far left. If all leds are off, you're in the A/B main layer. If the Third led down is on, you are in the C/D main layer. If the first led is on, you are in the cue-juggle sub-layer, and if the first AND second led is on, you're in the beat jump sub-layer. If all four leds plus the preview led are lit, you are in jog browser scroll mode. If the transport controls are in an alternating orange/green pattern, you are in fader/jog FX mode.

Known Issues: Because the VCI-100/Traktor combo does not save led states between modifier layer changes, the leds on the VCI-100 will not match what's on the screen in certain circumstances. This can be remedied using BOMES software, but if you're not using it, be advised. This does not affect leds that indicate what layer you are in, or if you have a loop running, so those things are always clear. The example is, say you are in layer A/B and you turn off the vinyl mode button, then switch to layer C/D. The led will still be off, when in actuality the vinyl mode is on for C/D. This issue does not affect operation. If you then hit the vinyl mode button in C/D, it will also turn off, and the led will remain off. The trick is to keep an eye on your screen and just be aware of what's on and off. Don't second guess the vci, just hit whatever button you want to use and everything will operate as expected. Or use BOMES

Also, if Jog/Fader FX mode is on, it will stay on when browser jog scrolling. Until I fix this, just turn it off before entering browser jog scroll mode.

For those that use the Kyoti 2 Deck version: There are couple major workflow changes. The first is that cue juggle mode no longer contains jog FX control. This idea has been expanded and now exists as a global fader/jog FX layer that can be applied at any time. Next, deck duplicate can be used in both sub-layers when in deck A/B or C/D mode, and can be used to duplicate any source deck to any target deck. Key lock control has been limited to about 10% total (more than this, and the algorithm sounds like crap), and is in relative mode - snap it back to the middle position to reset to zero. Jog browser scrolling and preview scrubbing have been added. The cue juggle and beat jump sub-layers both have jump to active cue on the top of the jogs. Now the navigation cross can control halving the loop in AND out points in the cue juggle sub-layer, and directly sets beat jump lengths in beat juggle sub-layer. Also, the play button now ONLY plays, it does not stop. After one too many accidental stops, I took this functionality out. If you want to stop at a specific point, set a cue and press pause. Lastly, the tsi no longer changes the cue/move panel view.

Set-up: Click the "loading only to stopped deck" box in prefs. I always have this on for live security. The functions of this tsi are built around this pref, things might not work right if this option is off. Set both effects units to advanced. This can be changed from the keypad, but it's needed for correct startup. I highly suggest importing the hotkey settings, as there are many shortcuts that help in operation. I also suggest importing the GUI settings, as there are many operations that change the views for efficiency.

Main Layers: 1. Deck A/B Default (standard transport, scratching), 2. Deck C/D Default (standard transport, scratching) *Preview and preview scrub available in both.

Sub-Layers available in both main layers: 3. Deck A/B or C/D (Cue Juggle (w/cue drumming on jogs) 4. Deck A/B or C/D (Beat Jump (w/cue drumming on jogs) *Deck duplication available in both.

Global Layers: 5. Fader/Jog FX mode 6. Jog scrolling in browser. *Accessible in all other modes.

Tips: First three small black buttons control layers and sub-layers. The fourth stores a cue from the focused deck.
    Use keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4 if needed to focus decks A, B, C, D
    Trigger sync at any time to focus and/or sync deck
    Use the keyboard Q to turn off Quantize for looser cue juggling
    Duplicate decks on time in any sub-layer by pressing preview and triggering the deck you want to copy from, then the deck you want to copy to. Lastly, press preview again very quickly to start deck in time. (This is a workaround so that "load only to stopped deck" can be utilized).
    The "effect" buttons are independent of the decks. The left one turns on fx unit 1, the right, fx unit 2.
    Use C and X on the keyboard to switch between chained and advanced fx modes - the fx control layout will change accordingly.
    Tops of jogs in cue juggle and beat jump sub-layers skip to active cue of respective deck.
    Fader/Jog FX control is available in any layer by pressing the second small black button in the "effect select" area. The transport controls will change to an alternating green/orange pattern to notify you that you are in this mode. Press it again to exit this mode.
    In the "effect parameter" section, when set to Mas, turning the first knob will enter Jog Browser Scroll mode. Use the Deck A jog wheel to scroll, load to any deck using the navigation cross, or exit by pressing preview. All 4 of the first small black button leds will light to show that you are in this mode.
    Also in the "effect parameter" section, when set to Mas, the second knob will scrub a track when being preview has been toggled on.
    Preview can be accessed from Deck A/B or C/D main layers only (sub-layers off).
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 07-23-2009 at 10:18 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

FX: The "effect parameter" button with the three leds controls either A - fx unit 1, B - fx unit 2, or when on Mas, the four fx buttons control which unit each deck is sending to. (Buttons 1-2 are deck A inserts, 3-4 are deck B inserts).
    Without selecting Mas and inserting the decks here, you won't hear any fx.

When in Fader/Jog FX mode, the left jog and fader controls FX unit 1, the right controls FX unit 2.

Rock it!!

Details:

Global:

Cue/Loop Section:
    (active for focused deck)
    Button 1 - cue/loop in
    Button 2 - cue/loop out
    Button 3 - reloop active loop
    Loop*4 buttons - activate loop on respective deck

4 Black Buttons:
    Button 1 - toggle Deck A/B main layer (LED off ) / cue juggle sub-layer (LED on)
    Button 2 - toggle regular transport or cue juggle mode (LED off ) / beat jump mode (LED on)
    Button 3 - toggle Deck A/B regular transport mode (LED off) / or Deck C/D regular transport mode (LED on)
    Button 4 - store cue/loop

Key Buttons - key lock on respective deck
    Balance Knobs - key adjust on respective deck
    Vinyl Mode Buttons - toggle vinyl / cd seek
    Tempo Sliders - tempo of respective deck
    Sync Buttons - phase and tempo syncs and focuses respective deck
    Low (low) Knobs - Filter respective deck
    Cue Buttons - cues respective deck
    Effect Buttons - channel A toggles effect unit 1 on / off
    Effect Buttons - channel B toggles effect unit 2 on / off
    2nd Effect Select button - enters Fader/Jog FX mode

Keyboard Q - toggles quantize on / off
    Keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4 - focus deck A, B, C, D
    Keyboard Arrow Keys right and left - fine tempo adjust on focused deck
    Keyboard X, C - switch between chained and advanced fx modes

Effects Section:

Keyboard C selects chained mode
    Keyboard X selects advanced mode

Effect Parameter Select - Mas selects Unit in / out mode, access to jog browser scrolling and preview scrubbing.
    Effect Parameter Select - A Selects Effect Unit 1
    Effect Parameter Select - B Selects Effect Unit 2

In Mas select, buttons 1-2 toggle deck A effect unit in / out 1-2
    In Mas select, buttons 3-4 toggle deck B effect unit in / out 1-2
    In Mas select, knob 1 enters jog browser scrolling mode. Press preview to escape.
    In Mas select, knob 2 engages preview scrubbing.

In A Select, button and knob 4 control unit 1 on / off and wet / dry
    In A Select, buttons 1-3 and knobs 1-3 control unit 1 on / off and parameters depending on chained or advanced mode

In B Select, button and knob 4 control unit 1 on / off and wet / dry
    In B Select, buttons 1-3 and knobs 1-3 control unit 1 on / off and parameters depending on chained or advanced mode

FX Selection: Dependent on position of "effect parameter" button - On A, fx knobs and buttons control fx unit 1, on B, fx knobs and buttons control fx unit 2. Mas only controls insert points, jog browser scrolling, and preview scrubbing.

Effects Select - (Advanced Mode) - HOLD top black effect select button, rotate 4th FX knob
    Effects Select - (Chained Mode) - HOLD top black effect select button, rotate FX knobs 1-3 to select in respective slot.

Layers:

Regular Transport Layers: (All small black button LEDs off = A/B, Only 3rd small black button LED on = C/D)

Up - list up
    Down - list down
    Left - load A or C
    Right - load B or D
    Preview - loads and plays preview, toggle to stop preview
    Transport Controls - Standard, Stop deck disabled for performance (hit cue/pause to stop)
    Scratching On Top of Jogs
    Pitch/Tempo Bend Outside of Jogs

Cue Juggle Sub-Layer:
    (small black button 1 LED on)
    Preview - Press once to enter deck copy mode. Press left =A, right =B, up =C, down =D to select source deck, press another deck to set target deck. Press preview again quickly to play in sync, and exit deck copy mode.
    Right - loop shorten by half (start point) (active for focused deck)
    Left - loop lengthen by half (start point) (active for focused deck)
    Up - loop shorten by half (end point) (active for focused deck)
    Down - loop lengthen by half (end point) (active for focused deck)
    Transport Buttons - 1-4 cue juggle cues 1-4 respective deck
    Top of Jog Wheel - active cue jump
    Outside of Jog Wheels - pitch/tempo bend

Beat Jump Sub-Layer: (small black buttons 1 and 2 LEDs on)
    Cue juggling with beat jumping
    Preview - same deck duplicate functions as cue juggle sub-layer
    Left - beat jump length select 1/2 bar (focused deck)
    Up - beat jump length select 1 bar (focused deck)
    Right - beat jump length select 2 bars (focused deck)
    Down - beat jump length select 4 bars (focused deck)
    Outside of Jog Wheels - beat jump forward or backward (respective decks)
    Top of Jogs - active cue jump

Fader/Jog FX mode: (alternating green/orange on transport leds)
    Left Jog - Controls FX Unit 1. FX parameter 3 (advanced mode), effect 1 on and level (chained mode)
    Right Jog - Controls FX Unit 2. FX parameter 3 (advanced mode), effect 1 on and level (chained mode)
    Left Volume Fader- Controls FX Unit 1. Effect on and Dry/Wet (advanced mode), effect 2 on and level (chained mode)
    Right Volume Fader- Controls FX Unit 2. Effect on and Dry/Wet (advanced mode), effect 2 on and level (chained mode)
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Quick note: First hotcue on deck D was not mapped. File has been revised.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

cool..will try it out.
    thanks..
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

My says something like accessor information has unknown information. Therefore its unknown. Am i doing something wrong

Tech Guru

Not sure what you're saying. More detail?

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Default Have you developed a pdf map for your TSI ?

I'm not indyin, and this is the first question I have posted, and thank all
    of you tech heads profusely for these .tsi maps since it is such a learning curve.

Zac Kyoti, have you developed a pdf or visual map for your .tsi ? Currently I'm using YAVM who has a map, and others have a map, but it makes it easier to navigate the VCI-100.

macbook pro, traktor pro, VCI-100 FW 1.2, Firewire 410 interface, record to
    a separate G5 through Garageband.

Tech Guru

Great question, LOL!
    I have been wanting to do this for some time, and the only thing holding me back is my lack of a decent graphics program. I had an ehem... testing copy of adobe cs that did some bad things to my system, so I am a little freaked at the moment about not having a completely legit copy.

Anyway, I agree with you completely - I could replace pages of text with one nice image... PM me if you can assist.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Zac

Thanks a million for posting this, where can I find your two deck tsi or would you recommend me using your 4 deck due to the changes you have made and turning off decks C & D when I don't need them. This is because at the moment I am mainly just using two/three decks.

Tech Guru

Cheek Bone,
    Thanks for the post. You can find the two deck version in the same location, in a folder above the four deck version. In the four deck version, it works fine to simply turn off the deck C/D view in the C/D layout, and just never hit the small black button that activates the layer, or load to deck C/D. But the two deck version is nearly the same, and may be simpler to use. I am running a custom tsi on FW 1.3 now, so I haven't spent much time on this tsi, but I hope you enjoy it!

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast