Need Help Finding Inexpensive Home Dj Speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Need Help Finding Inexpensive Home Dj Speakers

I have a traktor kontrol s4 and looking for a relatively small speaker(s) to use at home. I have no idea how to work sound inputs etc, so I'm looking for something hopefully simple with RCA (Red and White) input Jacks. I have a budget of about 100$ and kind of want it to be available locally (i.e. Bestbuy Future Shop) please no Kijiji or Amazon, etc!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoez View Post
    I have a budget of about 100$ and kind of want it to be available locally
    Solution: go to store, test, and choose

Nothing is going to sound "good" under $100 locally unless you're really lucky so just grab whatever you're comfortable with.
    Last edited by DigitalDevil; 10-01-2011 at 08:05 PM.

m-audio av40 is your best bet if you can find a good deal

Look for some floor standing stereo speakers. They will run you the same price as monitors, but give you a LOT more sound.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the replies, But I'm literally talking small extremely small, something along the lines of this but with red and white connector jacks to plug directly into the s4:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10169343.aspx

Thanks for the replies, But I'm literally talking small extremely small, something along the lines of this but with red and white connector jacks to plug directly into the s4:

those things are sure to have absolutely no bass response

craigslist and a cheap ass home stereo receiver...

i run a pair of polks that i love...i am not a production guy and i tend to play alot in the headphones...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Check your local pawn shops, i usually find decent powered studio monitors there, although the prices will be over $100. Increase the budget if going for powered monitors.

Otherwise, the receiver/speakers idea would be a decent/cheap way to go.

You spent the money on an S4 at least get some half decent monitors man, mixing on those would be miserable they are not even decent pc speakers.

If you are on a budget at least get just one studio monitor and add in another later. http://www.guitarcenter.com/KRK-Roki...10-i1403132.gc

My friend has the M-Audio AV40s and they are not impressive to say the least, you would be much better off with a single KRK.

http://www.minirigs.co.uk/

Though I'm guessing you can't get this locally ... wish I could too lol

If you want decent sound there aren't that many good options at that price and if you want something available at Best Buy well, like everyone else said, get your ass down there and give them a listen

Better yet go to Guitar Center and see what they have in portable amps. It's unorthodox but you'll get a better sound than computer speakers -- plus something like this would look pretty cool for example. Or this.... Some of them have mini plug inputs for ipods and such; would work fine for computer speakers just be careful with the volume when you set it up the first time.

Used to be you could get Roland (now Edirol) MA-7 or MA-8 for $99; I have a really old pair of them that I sometimes use as portable ipod speakers; they would be perfect but I don't think you can find them at Guitar Center anymore.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast