Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
I like this. Could you elaborate a bit more on this? I find surprising that many local DJ's dont care about sound quality or sound engineers suck but most suffice with 320kbps. The sound systems I have experienced in terms of BIG like concert venues suck since they have BOMBING bass and clubs tend to have old/badly placed speakers... The other ones I have experienced in quality terms are monitor speakers and church/other events/whatever that make me think "I would love to hear EDM on this equipment".

That said maybe im kinda lost on the scale of this but if I have 3TB of uncompressed music I better have something to make them shine right?
I stem from the underground rave scene so it is common to have your own kit. With a lot of trial and error, you eventually figure out what is needed to achieve the sound you are aiming for. It is a very expensive process and, you really need to be committed to reach your goal.

Unfortunately, many who were born in 1990 and beyond, never had the opportunity to experience a home audio sound system playing vinyl through large floor-standing speakers. They either listened to CDs through a mini-system offering speakers the size of a 2.2-kilogram (5 pound) bag of sugar, or MP3’s through their computer speakers (which are even smaller).

One cannot judge sound quality, unless they have some means of reference to make a comparison. I would imagine many DJs put their faith in the club’s system they spin on. Since the club system tends to sound better than what many are using in their households, some DJ’s will feel the club sound system offers a high quality sound.

Cheers!