13" MBP 2.3 vs 2.7
    Tech Student

Default 13" MBP 2.3 vs 2.7

Hello everybody,
    Sorry for what is going to seem like a typical macbook question.
    I planned to buy a S2 when it came out but now have another issue.
    My laptop packed up a few days ago so it needs to be replaced, I've decided to go for a MBP but can't decide which model.
    Will the 2.7ghz model run the S2 better or will it just be over kill and I'd be better off going for the base 2.3ghz model? I'll only be using the laptop for collage work(word & powerpoint) internet and photo's and obviously the S2.

Any help would be great, thanks guys.

2.3 ghz model has plenty of power for a DJ, and you can enjoy low latencies too.. i would go up only if you would like to process video and stuff.

but take this with bit of salt. i dont own MBP to be 100% sure. but i know plenty of people that will back my words.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

bigger is always better, but it will run fine on the 2.3ghz.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

The 2.3 will run TP2 perfectly.

If you have the extra cash to spend then get the 2.7, but its not entirely necessary.

I was running TP with a c2d 2.0 before without issues so the new 2.3 will work like a charm plus there will be room for more.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Save yourself some cash, 2.3 will tackle anything you need.

Tech Mentor

I haven't tried the 2.3 but I have a 2.7 and I love it the only thing I could compare it too is a core 2 duo MBP and well there is a very noticable difference.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Tech Student

Thanks for your help everybody, by the sounds of it I'll be saving myself $500 to put towards my S2.

Will I have to make any modifications to the laptop to run the S2, I have read people need to disable stuff to get it to run smoothly. (Battery+WIFI ect)

Sorry for my total novice questions but this is all new to me, I used to play vinyl until I emigrated and couldn't bring my equipment + records with me.