Help dj beginner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Help dj beginner

HELP!! I AM 26 YEARS OLD !!! AND I WISH I REALISED MY WANT TO BE A DJ 10 YEARS AGO!!! i love music.... but let me get to the point

.... i want to get a Digital DJ! and i dont have a clue into which one will be good for me to have a mess around at home, and if i want to do the odd family or firend party what would capable of doing the job!

can any one advise me over the :
    Tracktor s4 vs s2
    Pioneer ddj s1 - t1
    Numark N4 / traktor kontrol

or any thing else!!!! i want to mix, loop, add my own samples, add beats plus more!!

help help help ........... i am lost n confused

I will help you every step of the way, but as your manager, i have to take most of your earnings. Are you ready for an exciting career in DJ'ing?!?!
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Lol

Read this forum mate.....look at the videos of what it can do.

Do you have any idea what DJing entails? I mean....do you have any kind of experience in DJing?

Best you let the forum know....or else they will give you advice that won;t make sense....or you will get REAL beginner answers.

I would say the S4. Its got everything you need and more.

Its mapped to almost perfection and is a beast.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    I would say the S4. Its got everything you need and more.
    Cant see him mixing 4 decks just yet, and the s2 can do 2 decks + 2 sample decks
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Student

i play keyboard and guitar!! so i have the ear for beat matching!!! i have messed around with proper turnables about found it quite hard!!! so i guess i am a proper beginner!!! i guess i just need advise on what product is best!! and what i will need to go with it.!!

you guys are quick replyers!!! thanks so far

Tech Mentor

I would say S4 if you have the cash to invent, I mean If you are gonna be able to pay 500-600 dollar straight, save up some more and get an s4 but don't try to use all the functions right away.

Start with playing music on 2 decks, learn how to use your faders and crossfaders smoothly and then figure out what EQ's do and then ofcourse it is always good to learn how to beatmatch and count the beats or you can get the help of '' sync '' button

then start with mixing 2 songs, use simple effects, learn what type of effect does and how it manipulates the songs etc.

don't try to run before taking the babysteps

as soon as you get comfortable with mixing 2 songs, using effects, loops, cue points and all you will be able to use 4 decks easily.

and the most important thing

practice and enjoy( thanks to djtutor ) hehe

I just saw you practiced along with some tts but anyway I wrote the things above assuming you are totally beginner but it still helps.

i like the s4 for the price range.

but what do you want to spend.?
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Cant see him mixing 4 decks just yet, and the s2 can do 2 decks + 2 sample decks

Sure...but there is then room for growth!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Student

i say i would have under a 1000 to spend!!! and if i wants to tear up a hall / large garden what speakers would you recommend?

thanks

Tech Wizard

Your ear, not your gear, makes you a dj. Buy some piece of shit rig with faders and jog wheels and practice. Check out used stuff on craigs list or amazon.com and try to get it for under 300-350. You can practice and learn the basics, and have money to blow on all kinds of other stuff that you'll want (Solid headphones, new tracks, monitor speakers, marketing costs to promote yourself...). Then when you save your money up you will be ready for the x4 a year from now, or whatever the next thing will be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast