DJ'ing with D-Bags thread

Default DJ'ing with D-Bags thread

Let's here your stories!
    All of us from playing gigs have had guys try to play us.
    What have y'all done to shake the haters or have found a slick way to make them a fool.

here's mine from last weekend.

I was dj'ing a house party last weekend.
    Went great, everybody was dancing and partying.
    Keg stands, champagne, pool and jacuzzi!
    Great response, had some groupies hanging all night.
    Out of about 50-75 people that were there, only had one douche who was a hater.
    i was spinning for about 2 hrs at the moment, everyone is taking shots and dancing, i filter out the beat so you just hear the piano in aviccii's -level (clockworks remix) one black guy(im not racist) tried to call me out, saying "you dont play rap???" i was liked i got you. I put a reverb and delay on levels and faded it in to Bombs away!- "who let the douchebags in" everyone started laughing at the guy. he got so pissed, and looked at me. i just smiled and was like you wanted some rap my dude! lol
    Last edited by ST.PE`; 10-04-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Damn, that's some quick thinking right there! I will have the opportunity to DJ with a d-bag this Friday. It's this dude that's supposedly been "spinning for 10 years" which i have a hard time believing, he seems very unprofessional and I've never heard his name before. The order of the lineup for this event is still in the works and he is insisting that I open for him. He made this very clear by coming up to me last week and saying "yeah, so like, I thought it would be great if you could open for me and then you could watch me get up there and do ALL my awesome DJ'ing stuff and you could like, learn a lot, y'know?"

I facepalm so hard thinking of that awful sentence and will try in all my might to have him open. I don't see DJ'ing as a competition but a collaboration and it's people like him that ruin the atmosphere.

lol, thanks bro. I've been so focused lately, it came to me instantly.
    my advice would be like no problem bro, i'll open, then kill it and when he comes on he either A) kills it and keep the crowd going or B) fails and make himself look like a douche, and people will always remember if your good or not.

never let those type of people make you feel un easy or nervous. Be confident and they can't stand that.
    Beatslicing for the bitches