Numark N4

Thread: Numark N4

Tech Wizard

Default Numark N4

I've been looking at taking my setup to the next level (i say setup but its kinda crap)

Im really keen on getting an all in one controller but nothing seems to be shining out to me.. i want 4 deck control with ideally an inbuilt audio interface pretty straight foward for one day i could possibly take to a few house partys etc

the S4 is out of my price range as a amateur bedroom DJ and everything else does'nt seem to grab my attention as much

Just looking at the N4 it seems to look ok but still has the plasticy toy like look of the mixtrack controllers

Whats peoples thoughts on it? anybody know of any other controllers coming out?

Tech Mentor

You don't really need to rock 4 decks for house parties man. I mean, just for house parties don't get n4 instead save your money for a little while and get VCI-400 or something when it comes out. Instead of doing that, you can get an X1 or something to use as secondary deck controller for c and d? maybe?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJMM View Post
    You don't really need to rock 4 decks for house parties man. I mean, just for house parties don't get n4 instead save your money for a little while and get VCI-400 or something when it comes out. Instead of doing that, you can get an X1 or something to use as secondary deck controller for c and d? maybe?
    I use 4 decks alot now believe it or not

Not necessary using 4 decks for house parties but i like to have the option to drop something like my own beat in there (even though i could use sample decks)

I was just getting opinions on the N4 it does'nt appeal to me just because it looks so fragile

I was also looking at the vsm4 from american audio

I could just go back to what im doing now and having a random array of controllers doing certain tasks but i would like to have something that could fit nicely in a messenger bag or something i could just carry around

Tech Mentor

Yeah n4 doesnt really look good. Vci-400 looks very solid but price is gonna be like 1k

Tech Mentor

Never go with numark.. been there done that. get Vci-100+ X1, or save and buy a used S4..

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

people pretty much only have good things to say about the mixtrack... so why not this controller too if the price is right? looks like a 4deck version of a mixtrack with extra controls to me.

the vms4 doesn't look great - did some digging around on the vms4 just earlier for this thread as i was curious as to why people don't like it.

there's also the djtech 4mix - don't know anything about it. the jogs seem a bit small and the site doesn't mention them being touch sensitive but they're in a sensible place and have a nice 4x3 grid of buttons below.

it does look like quite a toy - but hell... people here can't mind that as the most toylike controller by design has to the the midifighter

i'd be interested to read more info about the N4 anyway. looks much more pro than the 4mix but i still can't help thinking those two sets of 4x3 buttons below each jog would be bloody useful...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"