help I think I bought a dodgy vci100.
    Tech Wizard

Default help I think I bought a dodgy vci100.

The blue led light turns off when I do some heavy movements. It restarts the vci hmmm is this a known problem or a faulty hardware? I got this thing used and I just started messing with it... I dont even have traktor or any other softwares running and I can reproduce the [roblem over and over again.

Try replacing the cable on the unit for a decent one - thats a pretty good start at working out whats causing the issue.

Tech Wizard

thanks mr bento. I changed the usb slot and it seem to work fine now but I'm still getting midi dropout(power restart SOLVED). The vci came with a usb cable with that black ferret thing so it should be fine. I'm starting to think that my vci is defective. I don't have a powerful pc to begin with s maybe have a look into that aswell. Although I did try on my friends mini mac and it my pc did a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by mpc2323 View Post
    thanks mr bento. I changed the usb slot and it seem to work fine now but I'm still getting midi dropout(power restart SOLVED). The vci came with a usb cable with that black ferret thing so it should be fine. I'm starting to think that my vci is defective. I don't have a powerful pc to begin with s maybe have a look into that aswell. Although I did try on my friends mini mac and it my pc did a better job.
    Try using a power adapter to power the unit too, your pc might not be providing enough power to the unit.