Non-expensive studio monitors...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non-expensive studio monitors...

I'm looking for some inexpensive, non-shitty studio monitors for use at home. Ideally, they'd have a decent bass response, and cost less than $250. Any suggestions?

Also, seeing as I know nothing about them... what kind of connection do you use to connect to the studio monitors? Is it like RCA's or an 1/8 inch jack or what?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

most monitors are 1/4" or xlr. but if your using them for djing, i would advise against using studio monitors as they arent really meant for cranking up to high volumes, your best bet would probably be picking up a reciever and some nice bookshelf speakers or 3 way speakers for that price, or else your looking at getting some powered p.a. speakers.

at least thats what the guys at the music store told me.
    im using yorkville studio monitors for my turntables and i cant really get much out of them without them clipping or bottoming out.
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

The thing is I'm not using them for djing. This is for the production side of the table.
    LamboxMusic.com

ah fair enough.
    well the reality is, if your looking to buy studio monitors, there is no point in cheeping out. save your money and get something nice because it will make the world of a difference. plus any monitors with decent bass, your looking at a speaker that has something larger than a 5" cone, and will usually cost you at least 250 for 1 speaker, not the pair. i got the chance to compare the KRK RP8G2 Rokit's next to Yamaha HS80M, and ended up going with the hs80m's. they were 100$ more each but they sounded way cleaner. but the rokits still sound nice but will run you about 250 a side.

bottom line is, if your looking for cheap monitors with good bass, the least your going to spend is 350 for the pair, check out berhinger truth monitors

http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemList.aspx?m=1504
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...studiomonitors

That's a nice series of products for the un-serious studio monitor.

(Yah, I'm an m-audio whore, what of it? Wanna fight about it? )
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...studiomonitors

That's a nice series of products for the un-serious studio monitor.

(Yah, I'm an m-audio whore, what of it? Wanna fight about it? )
    I'm offended. Things get reeeaaall serious in my studio in my room where I live with my parents. Haha Wanna fight about that?

But thanks for the suggestions. And I was honestly thinking about just buying one til I can afford second one...
    LamboxMusic.com

The 200 dollar speakers are great for desktop monitoring. Honestly if you want more speaker than that, you're gonna spend a lot more anyway.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Yeah actually those don't look bad at all (but I guess how they look doesn't matter). And just for the record that $200 is just the list price... looks like theyre $150 retail... now if I can only find a store that carries them..
    LamboxMusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    And just for the record that $200 is just the list price... looks like theyre $150 retail... now if I can only find a store that carries them..
    First, I always refer to the cost of gear as MSRP, not "what i can find it for." This helps make it useful to everyone.

Second, Try guitar center. I know they carry them, and I know you've got a particularly good one out there.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    First, I always refer to the cost of gear as MSRP, not "what i can find it for." This helps make it useful to everyone.

Second, Try guitar center. I know they carry them, and I know you've got a particularly good one out there.

Nah I understand that. It's just MSRP is usually an unusually high estimate, and quite frankly if I ever had to pay MSRP for anything I'd be a tad bit upset.

Yeah there are actually loads of Guitar Centers around here. Which is nice. The only thing is looking at reviews for those M-Audio's a couple people bitch about them going bad after a few months... any idea?
    LamboxMusic.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast