issues with traktor audio 10

Default issues with traktor audio 10

hello

i have recently switched fro serato ( which i have been using for the past 3 years ) to traktor, i am using traktor scratch pro 2, with audio 10 )...
    im finding the change very difficult, im not understanding the software...

-the first issue i have run into is that, when i am using the timecode vinyl, when i have the vinyl on the 12min side with the traktor logo on it, when i press play it goes really slow for the first 2 secs then picks up to normal speed, i thought it was my turntable, but it is not, as i have used normal vinyl and it works fine, and went back and tried the serato vinyl and no issues

-the second issue, my software wont register my turntables....? why.... i have to mix through my laptop, why is this? why wont it pick up my turntables?

-third issue, the loop recording wont work, when i have everything running from my mixer it will record, but when i drop it to the sample banks, it plays blanks??? and the when i unhooked everything, and just have my laptop on the couch or where ever with me, it records and plays... what am i doing wrong?

sorry to sound negative, but i feel rather ripped off, maybe im just finding the transition from serato to traktor overwhelming, but im finding the traktor software and interface so difficult to use.... if anybody can please shed some light for me that would be great....

the way i have everything set up is.... from my turntable into audio 10, from audio 10 into my mixer for the two channels ( the mixer im using is a djm 800 as well )... just thought it might help to let you know

- First couple of seconds of the vinyl can be used to scroll through track lists in the browser. There is a distinct line between that and the 'timecode' track

- Sound like you've not got it set up correctly. I'm assuming you've follwed the wiring diagram included in the box? Set each deck to use timecode (make it a track deck in the deck dropdown, and select the option for scratch control) Have you got it set-up for internal or external mixing in the settings?

- no idea about the third point, sorry.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

hello

each deck is set to track deck, and scratch control......

and i just found the internal/external mixing bit in the settings.....it was set to internal.... so i switched it over

also, how do i get the software to continuously play through the tracks, what i am noticing is that, say a track finishes, it wont load the next track in the playlist... how do i get it to do that????

thanks

Go to Settings -> Loading -> enable "Load next at end of track"
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

And if you want it to play like a playlist and automatically start the next song activate cruise in the upper right corner.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Next time use the wizard to set up (google how to launch traktor wizard) and follow that. It would have set it all up for you
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

-the first issue i have run into is that, when i am using the timecode vinyl, when i have the vinyl on the 12min side with the traktor logo on it, when i press play it goes really slow for the first 2 secs then picks up to normal speed, i thought it was my turntable, but it is not, as i have used normal vinyl and it works fine, and went back and tried the serato vinyl and no issue
    Been having the same issue - Traktor takes much much longer to re-adjust to the proper playing speed than SSL or regular vinyl which means I always have to pitch ride instead of nudging. Not sure if I have something setup wrong or if that's just how TSP is.

awesome guys, greatly appreciate all the help you have given me so far made the task less stressful than needed!!! cheers