Midi Controllers + Configuration Programs

Default Midi Controllers + Configuration Programs

On NI's site the last couple days I was involved in a discussion in the Traktor 3.4 beta forum with regards to someone not happy with the features that may be included in 3.4.

The topic then kind of turned a bit and some things were mentioned about different midi controllers out there not having a program to configure what type of output they send (think Enigma).

I myself have M-Audio and Novation products; both of which include their configuration programs.

The devices that were mentioned were the Denon HC4500 and the VCI-100. Apparently these do not come with software to allow you to configure the devices (this is just information I am regurgitating).

What does everyone else have, and did your device come with software?

Actually personally i find having 101 different midi translation software programs open from all the different devices is annoying, just give me the very basic midi messages and i will do the rest myself with Bomes Midi Pro thank you very much !

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Actually personally i find having 101 different midi translation software programs open from all the different devices is annoying, just give me the very basic midi messages and i will do the rest myself with Bomes Midi Pro thank you very much !
    That was one of the options I had given.

The issue the user pointed out was that he had wanted native support in Traktor in order to select specific effects and not have to use a device configuration program (or Bomes).

I can understand the concern there. But to counteract that, I told him to just configure his device to send specific notes....and you can see where we ended up