My gig this friday
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default My gig this friday

Sup all! Just looking for a bit of advice before I go off the deep end. This Friday a rave is taking place on my campus that I had a very large part in planning, promoting, and I am DJ'ing as well. The other main organizer (my internship leader) has her boyfriend and a friend playing as well. Out of nowhere yesterday she posted this setlist for the event:

9:30-10:30 - Krytical H!T
    10:30-11:15 - Dubbery
    11:15-12:00 - RxY
    12:00-12:45 - Dubberyy
    12:45-1:30 - RxY

Whie the two other DJ's -do- have more experience than me, it's pretty obvious there's a lot of cronyism going on here. They do not live on this campus, and they are not interns with the group organizing this event, so I fail to see how this is a balanced lineup at all. I voiced my opinion on the facebook event and in person with the other organizer and all I got was a full caps lock message from her boyfriend saying how much of a whiny bitch I am. Have I finally discovered the evils of the party promotion world or are these people just complete douchebags?

So anyway, I'm not going to pursue a change in lineup any further because it's pretty obvious where everyone's loyalty lies. I am looking for advice on how to follow through with friday night even though I'm going to have her boyfriend hovering over me with hot blooded vibes through my whole set. What should be my best plan of action? Should I literally just plan the best set I can and blow everyone out of the water, making her boyfriend look like a fool?

throw down a huge set with big bangers and wear the crowd out before the next 2 dj's even take the stage

Tech Mentor

End your set with Joey Beltram - Energy Flash, and pitch it up as well....

Cheers
    D

Quote Originally Posted by S4racen View Post
    End your set with Joey Beltram - Energy Flash, and pitch it up as well....

Cheers
    D
    that's just evil ....... do it
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

I was originally going to do a trance/house set but now I'm thinking pure electro house. It seems to be the safest bet in terms of getting a crowd jumping

A spot is a spot. Just do your best and try and try to impress the promoters / crowd enough that the next time they host an event they will want to put you on a later slot or even multiple spots. Good luck,
    Weekly video show containing new dj mixes by James Almeida :: www.musicwithoutturntables.com

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by musicwithoutturntables View Post
    A spot is a spot. Just do your best and try and try to impress the promoters / crowd enough that the next time they host an event they will want to put you on a later slot or even multiple spots. Good luck,
    This.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Dude i got you.
    You have a WHOLE hour. lot of time to get the crowd interested and you have plenty of enough time to burn through all of their set list. What i mean by that is, if they want to do shorter spots and hop off, play one warm up/build up song and just keep going from banger to banger.

On a positive note, the crowd sees you for an hour dj'ing. hopefully all the hotties remember you when you finished and want to party with you.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Any song recommendations from anyone? Like I said, I'll probably end up doing electro house and maybe some really good Trance bangers like Avicii - levels.

Avicii-levels (clockworks remix) mandatory
    skylar grey invisible kaskade remix
    sexy and i know it- dropwizz remix
    glad you came- bassjackers remix
    tiesto- maximal crazy
    dada life- happy violence
    wolfgang gartner forever- hook n sling remix
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast