APC40 in Traktor - Conflicting Adjacent Faders

Default APC40 in Traktor - Conflicting Adjacent Faders

Hey everyone,

I recently got an Akai APC 40, and I've been using it to control Traktor. For some reason, adjacent faders are conflicting. I have decks 1 through 4 volume faders mapped to the first 4 faders on the APC40, but when I adjust the volume at the same time on any faders beside one another, only 1 signal gets through at a time. Is this a design flaw of the APC40? I'd really like to keep my current mapping since it makes a lot of logical sense to me, but I also want the ability to fade both decks at once. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Schonborn View Post
    Hey everyone,

I recently got an Akai APC 40, and I've been using it to control Traktor. For some reason, adjacent faders are conflicting. I have decks 1 through 4 volume faders mapped to the first 4 faders on the APC40, but when I adjust the volume at the same time on any faders beside one another, only 1 signal gets through at a time. Is this a design flaw of the APC40? I'd really like to keep my current mapping since it makes a lot of logical sense to me, but I also want the ability to fade both decks at once. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    David
    Might be with yours or might be computer related or mapping

Mine works just fine
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Something wierd is going on. I can send multiple midi messages at once on my APC40 in TSP2.

When I hit a bump like this, make a new .tsi file and just bind out your faders and see it the problem still persists. If so, lot of forum hunting... :/

Google about dumb mode vs. Smart mode.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

I have nothing mapped to the faders other than the volume, but I will try a new .tsi.

Thanks for suggesting the dumb mode, but I'm actually having some difficulty getting the controller into dumb mode. I googled, it seems I'm supposed to just open ableton live, close it, and then open traktor, all with the APC40 turned on - correct? I've done this, but the controller still functions as before (toggles are still toggles, the track select row still selects, etc.). I have ableton live 7.0.3 and TS Pro 1.2, do you know if this could be a problem?

EDIT: To clarify, I can send multiple midi messages - just not with adjacent faders in the fader row (though faders 7 and 8 seem to work fine together, as well as the master.) Odd.

UPDATE: I solved my dumb mode not working, it was the outdated version of Ableton. Still experiencing the fader problem, I guess it's time to make a new .tsi...

SOLVED! The new .tsi did the trick, I guess I'm remapping my controller today. No idea what was causing it, I couldn't see anything. Thanks NotSoSiniSter!
    Last edited by David Schonborn; 10-07-2011 at 03:48 PM.