[Mac:Traktor Pro\Ableton\SunFlower] Audio Routing Traktor into Ableton - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

imho jackosx is better than soundflower because you can link phisical ins and outs to the virtual interface. For example I use two tracks on ableton for the two decks of traktor plus another track for a microphone that I plug directly in my soundcard and i was not able to do this with soundflower..

Tech Guru

I also think Jack is a great app. Solid performance always, and extremely flexible.
    But re: Soundflower: for whatever reason, I would consistently get distortion after running Soundflower for a couple minutes. I've tried about every combo of settings as well, with the same result. (and yes, I know what I'm doing as far as latency, buffers, etc.)
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Convert

Woohoo didn't get all the reminder Mails that new posts have been made into this thread. Sorry guys.

Bento answered every question really well. Thanks

@Zac: Run Soundflowerbed.app and set a higher Buffer Size. This will result in less "distortion".

Tech Guru

Actually, I realized Soundflower wasn't auto updating my sample rate in system prefs the way Jack does. Setting all three programs manually worked it out.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123