DJTT Ninjas Help needed: Djing illegal tracks in ur mostly purchased set?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default DJTT Ninjas Help needed: Djing illegal tracks in ur mostly purchased set?

I was wondering as an upcoming DJ about djing non purchased music.
    The consequences, how u get caught, if they'd even notice, and what would happen if u did get caught.

Thanks DJTT Ninjas

Dwonka27

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Depends where you live..?

Caught by who?

Nothing would happen, there's no DJ music piracy enforcement and to my knowledge there has never been a case of a DJ being sued over using pirated music. If there is I would love to read it.

That is a seriously good question. Thought about it myself.

Personally- lots of my library is my friends brothers :/ but all the edm/rnb/pop I drop at parties is usually purchased, except when I get odd requests. Although- this isn't the same as a club scene I would assume.

Even though I didn't purchase the music, it's all mp3 and mostly 320. So I don't find anyone notices even If I do play it- unless it's a ripped edm song, and I haven't fixed the tags up, or it is terrible quality.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

It's just about conscience really, and whether you contribute to the industry you're in.

Tragedy of the commons and all that... support producers!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Spend the 99 to 1.99...come man...i used to pay 11 dollars for import single 12 inchers...this is heaven for me...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Wow guys thanks a ton for the info really appreciated and greatly needed.
    Back Story * Talked to a local Music store owner and was talking to him about djing equipment and djing etc. and he asked me if i owned all the music i was going to paly saying it only takes one song to get caught which got me thinking about it... then again i should have never listened to a guy who djs from windows media player, he said it himself when i asked "what program do u use when u dj?" "windows media player" ... O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Dwonka27 View Post
    Wow guys thanks a ton for the info really appreciated and greatly needed.
    Back Story * Talked to a local Music store owner and was talking to him about djing equipment and djing etc. and he asked me if i owned all the music i was going to paly saying it only takes one song to get caught which got me thinking about it... then again i should have never listened to a guy who djs from windows media player, he said it himself when i asked "what program do u use when u dj?" "windows media player" ... O.O
    A bit off topic - But he is using an external mixer and just playing the song as one would of any cd player. If i'm using my friends setup, i generally just use iTunes.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

/人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Banned

Didn't Mauro Picotto get busted some years ago, like 2003/2004 in Greece for this?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast